Author Topic: Rude Marshaler  (Read 4230 times)

Oggie

Rude Marshaler
« on: July 16, 2014, 02:30:54 am »
OK, I simply have to ask...When an aircraft is parked at the gate and the ground crew is waiting for instructions to commence pushback,  the marshaller stands next to the cab of the tug and, is either a fitness buff taking advantage of idle time to perform squats or is, for lack of a better term humping the tug.  So-which is it?  :o

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Rude Marshaler
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 10:30:58 am »
LOL, it's acting on the handle to release the gear!

Oggie

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 07:14:17 pm »
Perhaps that is what HE told you he was doing but actually, this is occuring before he steps down from the tug and it is moved into position to be hooked up.
Personally, I have no objection to how he occupies his time between job responsibilities as he has proven himself every time to be eminently competent while tasked.  He just looks kind of silly standing on the tug and undulating.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 07:22:59 pm »
Perhaps that is what HE told you he was doing but actually, this is occuring before he steps down from the tug and it is moved into position to be hooked up.

Ok, you mean the random movements before he start moving. It's a very standard practice, with any software featuring animated people, that you *never* have them exactly still at any time, because nobody is ever totally still, and it will look very unnatural so, it's common to have some kind of still pose loop running constantly, with some kind of oscillation around the balancing point.

And of course, since the object is very small on screen, that you don't usually notice small movements from your cockpit eyepoint position, the animation is a *bit* exaggerated, and that is also a very common method with human animations in software products.

Oggie

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 07:17:36 am »
Thanks for the technical explanation.  While I am sure that is certainly the reason for his movement it is a bit of a letdown to learn he is not a bit of a pervert.

streichholz

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 03:56:21 pm »
I always thought the same. :D Thanks Umberto.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 04:39:13 pm »
it is a bit of a letdown to learn he is not a bit of a pervert.

He's a dancing freak, though...

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 12:31:05 pm »
He's a dancing freak, though...

You should loosen him up and make him dance more.  You need to park perfectly, and he only dances 20% of those times.   ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock