Author Topic: Missing buildings help request  (Read 4227 times)

jet5396

Missing buildings help request
« on: July 14, 2014, 01:38:15 am »
I know this is an old subject and I have spent quite a bit of time on here looking for solutions, but so far have not been able to solve the issue.  I have a new computer and have tried to install PHNL at least 4 times utilizing the different things shown in the forums here.  Every time, I have jetways, ground vehicles, pretty much everything but the buildings.  I also have Hawaiian Airports 1 and 2 and have the same issues.  I downloaded the latest install files from the website.  I have installed 4 times with it being the only program running.  I have installed as administrator.  I have turned off my Anti-virus software.  I have allowed the files and directories through my firewall and the Anti-virus as directed.  I have installed the addon manager separately after installing the scenery.  I have followed everything I have seen and by all accounts should have buildings.  I do not understand why I do not.  I must be missing something.  I have run FSX with the Anti-virus disabled as well.  I have also messed with all of my graphics settings, one at a time, and get the same result.  I have also turned off other scenery addons and have the same result.  Sorry for the rambling, just trying to get everything out that I can think of that I have tried.......
My old computer also had the same problem although they did not show up about half of the time.  So far, I have not seen them at all on this computer.
Help - I really miss my Hawaiian airports.  Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Win 7 64 bit, SP1
i7-4770k 3.5 overclocked to 4.1
16 GB ram
GTX780
FSX Gold
Everything is up to date.

Hnla

Re: Missing buildings help request
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 03:30:25 am »
The usual question:

Do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

jet5396

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 04:54:20 pm »
That is a good question and somehow I missed the "usual question" or didn't pick that up in the threads I read.  I cannot remember saying that I did see that.  I think I have two entries (I am at work) and I don't remember seeing the 2nd (Couatl).  I will take a look when I head home at lunch.

Took a look at it and only have FSUIPC and Addon Manager under the Add-ons tab.  What's next?  I will also spend a little bit of time again tonight trying to find the fix for this issue in the forums.  If anyone has a link, that would be nice.  Thanks.

Spent about an hour looking through a filtered search on Coatle...ugh.  There is a lot of stuff there.  All I can say is that it has all been installed per the directions and allowed through filters/ firewall/ etc. before starting it.  I do not have it starting up although I allowed it through when I started FSX with it for the first time.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  It seems that there is a lot of stuff regarding config files, etc., and I really don't want to go there without someone who knows what they are doing talking me through it.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 02:50:58 am by jet5396 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 01:48:30 pm »
I do not have it starting up although I allowed it through when I started FSX with it for the first time. 

If you are sure you allowed it the first time you started FSX after installing it, the first thing to do is to check if it's maybe starting, and then it's crashing immediately thereafter.

You can probably check this by opening the Window Task manager, and keep it open on the Processes view while you start FSX, and pay attention if you see the Couatl.exe process starting, even for a brief time.

If it doesn't even start, then the problem is still the antivirus blocking.

If it starts, and then it quits immediately, it can be something else we can check further with other means.

jet5396

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 04:40:06 pm »
I don't see the program starting up at all and will go back to the Antivirus program and see what I can figure out.  I am using Kaspersky Anti-Virus v13.  I have allowed it through under exclusions which is the only place I can find to do it.  I will take a look at the help section tonight and see if I can figure out why it might be blocking it.
See attached image....

Hnla

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 04:48:06 pm »
Oh Kaspersky... the overprotective, invasive, expensive, overbearing, unnecessary.  :)

jet5396

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 12:51:44 am »
Any advice?  I don't see any other settings other than what is in the photo.  I have searched the web on how to do this and from what I can tell, I have excluded the files correctly.  Also, I do not see any evidence of the files, directory or application in any of the logs for Kaspersky.  Are we sure it is blocking it?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 04:10:06 am by jet5396 »

jet5396

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 04:51:57 pm »
Is there no further ideas other than that my Anti-Virus is too picky?  I don't want to delete it, so I guess if I don't hear anything back I will delete the scenery addons and move on with my life?
 :(