Author Topic: JFK V2 Parkpositions  (Read 3149 times)

Big Harry

JFK V2 Parkpositions
« on: June 09, 2014, 12:59:35 pm »
I recently purchased and installed V2 JFK. For flight planning I use Flightsim Commander 9 and as simulator FSX, Win7 (64Bit). Unfortunately the parking positions both add ons are designated differently. While FSC9 works correctly with all other add-on airports, JFK V2 does not recognize the parking positions and FSX sets the aircraft randomly somewhere. Partial half into a building. Your product is not usable for me and a total bad investment. I will continue to buy add-ons at Aerosoft. There I can be sure that everything works.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK V2 Parkpositions
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 02:03:51 pm »
Your product is not usable for me and a total bad investment. I will continue to buy add-ons at Aerosoft. There I can be sure that everything works.

This absurd comment would normally grant no reply. Maybe, it would be better if you first checked your facts first and understanding WHAT is the real cause of the problem, instead of mistakenly assuming it's a fault of our products.

Without even mentioning that, saying "bad investment" in relationship with any of our products, doesn't make any sense, since it's impossible to purchase them by mistake, considering they are ALL available in Trial versions. Are all the rest of your other add-ons (including the one that is causing THIS issue) available in Trial too ?

But let's forget about your attitude, and have a look at your problem, which of course is not caused by JFK. 

From your description, is not very clear WHERE you are getting a misplacement. In either case, it doesn't make much difference because in BOTH cases, the problem is NOT the JFK scenery, let's see both cases:

1) If you are getting a misplacement inside the  Flightsim Commander 9 commander program, but the positioning is correct inside FSX, it's quite clear the problem is a failure of the FSC 9 program to read the JFK AFCAD correctly. That's not a JFK problem, because it comes with a fully legal and 100% standard AFCAD, and if FSX can read it and FSC9 can't, it's a failure of that product, not the scenery.

OR

2) If you are getting a misplacement under FSX when using the Airplane "Go To Airport" menu, as explained many times on this forum, in EVERY case when your airplane or the AI are not positioned correctly, it's NEVER a problem of the scenery itself, and it's ALWAYS a problem caused by ANOTHER scenery or another AFCAD in conflict.

The most common causes for AFCAD conflicts are AFCADs supplied with AI Traffic products such as My Traffic, etc. You must use the free FSX Airport Scanner, to search for AFCAD duplicates at any airport, and remove them.

And of course, be sure that JFK stays on top of the Scenery Library, which is where its installer automatically puts it by default.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 02:06:56 pm by virtuali »