Author Topic: Couatl disappeared once again  (Read 3134 times)

pannellg

Couatl disappeared once again
« on: May 28, 2014, 01:07:37 am »
Umberto,

I am so sorry to keep bringing this problem to you.  My couatl once again has disappeared, along with my fsdt and flightbeam airports.  I have turned off the firewalls, closed down my Advanced Systems Care Pro Anti-virus, uninstalled GSX and Addon Manager, re-installed GSX, went into the firewall and made sure that bglmanx and GSX.exe were allowed through, I went into Internet Options, went to Content then Publishers, and insured that you weren't listed as trusted or untrusted. I've made sure that compatibility was not active.  I've done everything that you've suggested in these other threads.  I'm out of ideas.  I love your sceneries, I just can't keep them displayed.  They'll be there for awhile, and then the next time I run FSX, they'll be gone, and they stay gone.  I'm running Windows 8 by the way.
I'm sorry...

Garland

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl disappeared once again
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 08:45:36 am »
I'm running Windows 8 by the way.

Nowhere we say that Windows 8 is a supported OS. As you can can see from the System Requirements page of GSX, the only OS officially supported are XP+Sp3, Vista and Windows 7. If you run on an unsupported OS, you are on your own.

This doesn't mean our products will "surely" not run on Windows 8, in fact, many users use them, it's just that we can't support them officially, because they are untested.

Some user reported that, under Windows 8, in addition to your antivirus, you must turn off or properly configure Windows Defender too. Perhaps you are running two antivirus at the same time.

And, your report is not very clear: does the Couatl menu disappear after you start FSX or after a while, or it's just not there right from the start ?

Have you been ASKED permission to run it after you Uninstalled/Reinstalled and excluded the antivirus ?

If you haven't even been asked permission to run it, there are only two possible explanations:

1) You haven't followed the Uninstall procedure to the letter. Specifically, you have skipped the part that directs you to reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl scripting engine"

OR

2) Your antivirus is still interfering.

pannellg

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 01:47:16 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  I didn't realize that Windows 8 was not supported. 

Garland

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 01:58:07 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  I didn't realize that Windows 8 was not supported. 

Yes, but this doesn't mean the software won't work with it, it's just that we don't test under it, so we can't support it officially. One of our developers, for example, uses Windows 8, and we have many reports from users using it too so, I don't think the problem is the OS as such, but maybe something related to its settings or, most likely, an antivirus issue.

boilerbill

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 08:19:29 pm »
Many Windows 8 users have found that updating to 8.1 resolves their problems with FSX or its addons.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium