Author Topic: GSX and Flightbeam KDEN  (Read 6445 times)

jgid261

GSX and Flightbeam KDEN
« on: May 26, 2014, 08:35:49 pm »
Hi

Will GSX be updated for correct gate services at KDEN or would it be advisable to change them manually in the config files? It appears that southwest ground equipment is only at KLAS right now. It appears that Frontier and United are servicing gates at terminal 3 where southwest aircraft are parked.

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 08:38:17 pm by jgid261 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and Flightbeam KDEN
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 09:06:28 pm »
GSX doesn't control or allow to configure anything related to specific operators at specific gates. As explained on the manual (and in the PaintKit in more detail), what controls operators at any airport, is the scoring obtained by matching the ICAO code of the airport with the ones in the GSX vehicles.

To break ties, the atc_parking_codes of the parkings, as defined in the scenery AFCAD, are then used but again, if there's again a tie, the selection will be random again, between all candidates with the same score.

jgid261

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 09:28:06 pm »
Sounds good. That would explain why I was sometimes getting United and Sometimes Frontier at the Southwest gates. Would the best option be to just add the airport code for the airlines I want to each individual file for each ground equipment, or is there a better way?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 10:23:19 pm »
That would explain why I was sometimes getting United and Sometimes Frontier at the Southwest gates.

That's exactly what you are supposed to see, since those operators have KDEN listed in full in the GSX vehicles SIM.CFG files, which means they both have a score of 4

Would the best option be to just add the airport code for the airlines I want to each individual file for each ground equipment, or is there a better way?

As I've said in my previous message, the atc_parking_codes of the AFCAD is used ONLY to break ties when two operators have the same score so, you can only use them to break ties between Frontier and United, you can't use them to raise score of another operator UNLESS you ALSO modify all the GSX vehicles SIM.CFG files to raise another operator (for example, Southwest) to have a score of 4 and THEN use the atc_parking_codes to break ties between it and the others with the same score.

The PaintKit documentation explains this in great detail, so it's useful even if you don't want to repaint anything, but just adjust the assignments.

Note that, whatever changes you do to the GSX vehicles CFG files, if you are not changing your own repaint, will be probably overwritten by GSX updates so, if you want a better assignment for an operator at any airport, for an operator that already comes with GSX, it's best if you just report it, and let us add it.

jgid261

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 05:18:46 pm »
If you would be able to take the request right here, this is a list of some of the missing airports for some US airlines(Obviously not a complete List) :

American Airlines: KBOS KSFO KDEN KMCO KDCA KTPA KPHX KPHL KMCI
Southwest Airlines: KATL KABQ KLAX KDEN KMCO KSFO KBWI KPHX KPHL KLGA KMDW KFLL KOMA KMCI KMEM KOAK KONT KSAN KDCA
Frontier Airlines: KLAX KMCO KATl KLGA KJAC KDCA KSLC KCLE KLAS KDTW KPHX KOMA
Delta Airlines: KBWI KPHX KDEN KLAX KLAS KDFW KSFO KMCO KOMA KLGA KDCA KJAC
United Airlines: KTPA KOMA KLAS KEWR KJFK
JetBlue Airlines: KDEN KDFW KLAX KSFO

boilerbill

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 07:24:34 pm »
Umberto:

Since you spend so much time answering questions about the company that provides ground service at each gate or airport, would it be possible to add that to the list of configurable features at each gate, or gate concourse? Perhaps a list of available companies could be shown from which the user selects the one they want. Or include the abbreviations for those companies in the documentation and have the user enter the appropriate abbreviation. In the absence of a specific choice, then the present scoring system would randomly select the company.

Also, it might help if a copy of the scoring rules could be included in the general documentation, or in a FAQ section. (The forum has grown large enough, and the majority of posts are about a few topics, so a FAQ section might be due.) If I was a new GSX customer, I'd never think to look in the paint kit documentation for that information.

Just a couple of ideas.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 08:02:19 pm »
Perhaps a list of available companies could be shown from which the user selects the one they want.

This has been discussed already, and we are planning to add the ability to choose between all matching candidates, or let GSX selects automatically.

Also, it might help if a copy of the scoring rules could be included in the general documentation, or in a FAQ section. (The forum has grown large enough, and the majority of posts are about a few topics, so a FAQ section might be due.) If I was a new GSX customer, I'd never think to look in the paint kit documentation for that information.

It's already explained in the normal GSX documentation, the PaintKit is just more detailed, but it's not strictly needed to understand the scoring system.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 03:49:44 pm »
If you would be able to take the request right here, this is a list of some of the missing airports for some US airlines(Obviously not a complete List) :

Done, if you download any one of the Vehicle Updates installers ( I suggest the 3rd, if your GSX install is not too old ), all the definitions have been updated according to your list.

jgid261

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 08:23:01 pm »
Thank you Very Much! This will save me Hours!