Author Topic: Couatl stops working randomly  (Read 2461 times)

Highiron

Couatl stops working randomly
« on: May 20, 2014, 06:45:33 am »
I have a new problem that seems to have cropped up with Couatl. I'm using P3Dv2.2

I was sitting at KLAX this evening and after 20 minutes of being away from the computer I came back and found the simulation paused and all the terminal buildings missing. I un-paused the sim, but the buildings remained gone. Going to the main menu, I had the Add On Manager, but Couatl was gone. I minimized P3D and tried running Couatl again from the FSDT folder but still nothing. I downloaded the Add on Manager again from the FSDT site to make sure I had the most current one and ran the installer. During the installation process it paused saying Couatl was running and needed to be shut down. Going back to the paused sim still showed no Couatl in the menu. I let it shut down Couatl and it continued with the install. I restarted P3D and left the aircraft at the gate at KLAX again and waited. This time it ran for well over an hour. I was panning around and checking different things around the airport for a few minutes and then left it alone again. After 2 minutes I watched the simulator go into pause and all the terminals disappear. I un-paused the sim and checked the Add On's menu and again Couatl was missing. Add on Manager was still present.

Last week, I had an aircraft sitting at Flightbeam's KDEN for over 3 hours with no issue. Perhaps I was just lucky. I haven't sat at any other FSDT or Flighbeam airport other than these two occasions since P3Dv2.2 was released.

What would be causing the sim to enter a paused state, and causing Couatl to disappear from the menu even though it is still running? I am running REX and My Traffic, although I haven't had any issues in the past with these combinations.
Cheers,
Cpt. Thad Wheeler

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl stops working randomly
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 11:15:25 am »
From your description of the problem, it seems that Couatl was still running normally but, something in the sim caused it to lose communication with the simulator.

Try to turn on logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings page, and post a Couatl.LOG file AND a Couatl.ERR file (if there is one), after it happens again.

I restarted P3D and left the aircraft at the gate at KLAX again and waited. This time it ran for well over an hour. I was panning around and checking different things around the airport for a few minutes and then left it alone again. After 2 minutes I watched the simulator go into pause and all the terminals disappear. I un-paused the sim and checked the Add On's menu and again Couatl was missing. Add on Manager was still present.

This is not very clear. If it ran for over 1 hour without issue, it's clear there aren't any problems with normal usage.

What is not clear is when you say that, after you "left if alone again", it went into Pause mode. What does it mean ? Is your sim going into pause mode automatically after 2 minutes ? Or, are you referring to your PC power saving Standby mode ?