Author Topic: Coutal.exe update error message  (Read 6626 times)

Captain Fred

Coutal.exe update error message
« on: May 13, 2014, 08:01:25 pm »
Every time coutal tries to auto update, I get the error message that it there is a problem and FSX files not updated, etc. The update continues.
Am I getting the auto update? Is this an issue with the coutal installer?  Please help.

Florida1146

Re: Coutal.exe update error message
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 10:52:13 pm »
Same here. And maybe this has something to do with what I just discovered after the botched update - I launched FSX with my PMDG 737NGX parked at KFLL Gate F-5 (I have the FSDT FLL scenery package), and all was well, and I launched FS2Crew and started the prefilght. Got the message that the left front door had opened - OOPS! - the jetway wasn't moved over yet! So I hit CTRL-J, and went to the overhead view to make sure the ramp was moving...it wasn't. Hit CTRL-J a few more times, and decided to quit/restart FSX.

After the restart, I did the same thing - no results. So I went to the "Go To Airport" menu, and moved the aircraft to Gate F-7 to see if that would make any difference. Whoa! The jetway at F-5 started moving and attempted to go all the way over to F-7.  I haven't tried the experiment at a non-FSDT airport yet, but I thought that it may be related to this failure to update properly.

Any thoughts?
-= Gary =-

jevon

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 11:32:19 pm »
The jetway at F-5 started moving and attempted to go all the way over to F-7.

This specific jetway problem at KFLL has been mentioned here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6820.msg58365.html#msg58365

I had the same problem with some of the "B" gates. See Virtuali's reply to my post. Apparently there are still unfixed issues with the AFCAD, the size of parking spots, AI behavior, etc.
- Jev McKee
i7-2600k @4.8GHz | Asus P8P67 Pro rev 3.1 | eVGA GTX580 DS 1.5G | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | Antec Kuhler 920
Crucial M4 512G/256G SSDs | Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Throttle Quad | WIN7-64 Pro | FSX Acceleration | AS2012 | REX-ESS

Florida1146

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 12:26:56 am »
I've been using FLL gates E and F for awhile now, and never saw this happen. And the problem is that the jetway for the gate I am parking at doesn't move at all. Parked at F-5, nothing happened when I hit CTRL-J. But when I moved the A/C to F-7 and hit CTRL-J, the F-5 jetway activated. Is that the AFCAD? I will keep investigating.
-= Gary =-

Florida1146

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 04:03:09 am »
I reloaded FSX and moved to gate D-5 and again, the jetway refused to move. I then moved to gate D-7, and everything worked fine. Next I will go to KDFW and try there. So far, there seems to be more than one problem at KFLL. But as long as I can find working gates at every airport, I'll be happy camper.

Any news yet from FSDT on this?
-= Gary =-

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 10:46:58 am »
About the update error, we finally found what the cause was and, as usual, it didn't depended from us...

The Live Update feature relies on TWO servers running on two different hosts, in order to make it more reliable in case one of them might be down. The servers are chosen at random, at each start of the updater.

Since a couple of days, ONE of the two servers was down so, all you that got that error, was because the randomly ( 50% chance, since there are two of them ) selected server was the one that was down.

The reason why it was down is because, due to the famous Heartbleed web vulnerability, that affected almost every server out there, the ISP disabled all our shared links, but of course they didn't say anything about it. It was only after asking for support, that we discovered the problem.

In the meantime, we moved to a different server, but in order to get the updated "updater" program ( the Couatl_Updater.EXE ) which knows about the new server, you need to download the STAND-ALONE ADDON MANAGER installer, and install that one. It will BOTH Update whatever you had to update in the Live Update, and will update the updater program too, so you shouldn't see any connection errors anymore.

jasonboche

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 03:11:43 am »
I continue to receive the update errors while in FSX periodically up through last night even though I've manually downloaded the standalone addon manager (setup_addonmanagerX 2.9.0.20.exe) a few weeks ago and manually installed that (with apparent success).  

Tonight I reinstalled again the setup_addonmanagerX 2.9.0.20.exe outside of FSX.  I don't know why I keep getting prompted in FSX to update.

http://boche.net/dropbox/fsdterrors.jpg
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 09:56:08 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 09:58:21 am »
even though I've manually downloaded the standalone addon manager (setup_addonmanagerX 2.9.0.20.exe) a few weeks ago and manually installed that (with apparent success).  

That's your problem: you must download it again, now. As I've said in my previous message, we switched to a new update server a couple of days ago, but you need an UPDATED installer to use the new servers.

The version of the Addon Manager doesn't change because, the installed Addon Manager is STILL 2.9.0.20, it's JUST the updated installer KNOWS about the changed Update server, but it otherwise installs exactly the same files as before.

jasonboche

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 04:35:26 pm »
Yes, I redownloaded it again for the 3rd time in the last few weeks last night and installed it. 

Part of my confusion is that FSDT updated the installer yet each time I download the installer the past few weeks it's version 2.9.0.20 (when I right click installer, choose properties) so my expectation is that re-installing the same version/build would produce no fix or change in behavior.  I'm not a developer myself and I'm not going to tell FSDT how to do software develoment but having worked in a closely related industry for 15 years, I don't understood how a few vendors I've come across update software builds to squash a bug (signficiance and qty of changes or fault shouldn't matter) but don't rev the version/build number.

Sorry to hear of your cloud issues.  Some things are out of your control.  If the problem is fixed, I'm happy. Overall still a very happy FSDT customer.  Keep up the great work and have a nice weekend.

Jas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 10:04:50 pm »
I don't understood how a few vendors I've come across update software builds to squash a bug (signficiance and qty of changes or fault shouldn't matter) but don't rev the version/build number.

Have you read my previous explanation ? The Addon Manager *itself* hasn't changed, not a single bit. When we update the Addon Manager, we obviously DO update the version/build number as well.

The only thing that has changed, is the INSTALLER, which now uses the new update server. But then, having a version number for the product, and a different version number for the installer with its own update history, would be even more confusing.

But, you don't have to guess. Just follow the instructions, which are worded in a certain way for a reason:

- If I say "Download and install", it means download it *now* and install it. "Now" means, if you downloaded it earlier than that post date, you must download it again.

- If the updated stuff can also be obtained with an older installer, I'll say something like "Launch the installer you already downloaded", possibly adding something like "if you downloaded it after a xxxx date" or "if it's at least version xxx.xxx".
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 10:09:49 pm by virtuali »

cowings1588

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 07:45:49 am »
I've been using FLL gates E and F for awhile now, and never saw this happen. And the problem is that the jetway for the gate I am parking at doesn't move at all. Parked at F-5, nothing happened when I hit CTRL-J. But when I moved the A/C to F-7 and hit CTRL-J, the F-5 jetway activated. Is that the AFCAD? I will keep investigating.

GSX doesn't move the jetways.. AES moves Jetways..  GSX only handles ramp agents & catering trucks.. 
COA
Bill