Author Topic: Problems installing KDEN  (Read 14260 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problems installing KDEN
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2014, 04:37:33 pm »
I created SIMCONNECT.INI file and installed it following your indications. I also double checked it but still cannot see any diagnostic window.

Is the script correct?

Yes, perhaps you put it into the wrong folder.

I see I am the only one having this problem so, most probably, it is due to my configuration. I just ordered a new SSD @ 500GB (good deal BTW  ;))and I will reinstall FSX from scratch. Hopefully everything will run smooth then.

Do you want me having a look at your system with Teamviewer ? If yes, PM me with the Session ID and password.

Today we are having a wonderful day In Milan and I hope you will enjoy it.

Well, I moved from Milan to Switzerland in January but yes, it's a wonderful day in Ticino too :)

albix

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2014, 05:38:21 pm »
Sent you a PM. Thank you.

wingclip

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 07:30:01 pm »
Hi Umberto,
I don't have any problems or issues, I was just reading this because I'm about to buy and install KDEN myself. I found this "simconnect diagnostic mode" script you offered the author of this topic, interesting. I haven't tried it but I was wondering if you can tell me what it actually checks?

It seems like it may be a useful tool for various trouble scenarios, no? If it were installed in my system, and I opened FSX in the windowed mode, would it immediately open along with FSX and give a report status?

Or maybe I would have to setup a free flight and then run the flight so it opens to the selected are with the selected aircraft. Then it would give a status report on all existing cfg's, bgl's, and maybe even the XML's that are directly related to that flight, am I close?
Thanks,
Rich
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 08:46:15 pm by virtuali »
Corsair 780T case/ ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula/ 32GB x 3600MHz RAM/ EVGA SN 1300W PSU/ Intel i9–11900K (5.2GHz)/ RTX-3080 Ti/ EK-Quantum CPU block/ EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite pump/ EK-Quantum Momentum VRM Bridge (fit to ROG Max XII Formula mobo)/ Dual reservoir: 900 mL/ 2 Rads: 240 & 120 mm Psh/Pll

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2014, 08:49:11 pm »
I haven't tried it but I was wondering if you can tell me what it actually checks?

It enables the Simconnect diagnostic mode, which can be used to troubleshoot a lot of problems. You activate it as I've already indicated in my past message, and it's also explained in the FSX SDK, it's no use to repeat it again.

wingclip

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2014, 09:26:11 pm »
You apparently didn't understand my question/s

To simplify: Does the diagnostic program script you've posted target a specific group of active files to diagnose when the user sets up a free flight in FSX and then runs that flight?

An example would be a free flight set to open in PANC.
 When the user opens the flight after setting it up, will this script then focus its diagnostics application to any and all files ONLY APPLICABLE to that specific airport, aircraft, weather, etc.?

Personally, my guess would be it does not because it would seem to be too much for such a small program as written.

I suppose it will only diagnose FSX at the moment it opens to the welcome screen and no specific group of files active or otherwise can be targeted.

Anyway, that’s what I asked, (I had already indicated that I understood how to install it and that it opens with FSX afterward).
Rich
Corsair 780T case/ ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula/ 32GB x 3600MHz RAM/ EVGA SN 1300W PSU/ Intel i9–11900K (5.2GHz)/ RTX-3080 Ti/ EK-Quantum CPU block/ EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite pump/ EK-Quantum Momentum VRM Bridge (fit to ROG Max XII Formula mobo)/ Dual reservoir: 900 mL/ 2 Rads: 240 & 120 mm Psh/Pll

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2014, 09:49:28 pm »
To simplify: Does the diagnostic program script you've posted target a specific group of active files to diagnose when the user sets up a free flight in FSX and then runs that flight?

It simply logs all calls that 3rd party add-ons modules that use Simconnect make to it and print them on screen or on a file. Nothing more, nothing less. With that, you can have SOME idea when things are going wrong, but it's far from being an universal troubleshooting tool. It's not a program, it's a feature built in FSX.

wingclip

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2014, 09:57:57 pm »
Ohhh! OK, I see.
Thanks,
Rich