Author Topic: Couatl will not start  (Read 3086 times)

danroman

Couatl will not start
« on: May 10, 2014, 11:28:06 pm »
Where would I direct a problem with Couatl not appearing?  see attached.....    
I have turned off Comodo whenever I load airports, GSX, and the Add-on manager.    
Still more misses than hits.  

images of Simconnect and failed GSX update.exe available; I don't know how to upload them here to not use a lot of space.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 05:58:01 am by danroman »
--Dan Roman; Sunland, CA; P3D v4.2; ASP4;  REX2;  Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit); Total Physical Mem, 15.92 GB; CPU Intel Core(TM) i7-4930K @ 3.40 Ghz (clock speed 3.40 (overclocked)); NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti; Motherboard:  Alienware (Alienware Aurora R4).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl will not start
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 09:59:50 am »
I have turned off Comodo whenever I load airports, GSX, and the Add-on manager.  Still more misses than hits.

What do you mean with this: playing with the antivirus settings results in the programs SOMETIMES loading ?

images of Simconnect and failed GSX update.exe available; I don't know how to upload them here to not use a lot of space.

Use JPG file format, and Attach them to your message.

danroman

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 06:03:26 am »
Well, there are several issues.

Tonight, Couatl started fine and I had a nice flight from KORD to KDEN.   during the session, it asked to be updated.  I turned off Comodo and did so.  The flight went fine.

Now, I've started FSX twice and Couatl has failed to execute.

the attached file shows that message I've seen more than once in the last week......    

Also, I have been reloading my FSDT and Flightbeam airports.  When I do so, the load gets hung up on the gsx vehicles update.exe, saying there is not internet connection, and I know that is not true (Comodo is always off per many of your repeated instructions).

Another thing I noticed when it did run was I could not hear the ground person's voice nor most of the vehicles, but I could hear the pushback vehicles, somewhat.

Also, should I see two addon managers in my programs listing?  I get the one denoted as "fsx" when I download the newest file, but the other file remains.   see attached.....

« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 06:17:12 am by danroman »
--Dan Roman; Sunland, CA; P3D v4.2; ASP4;  REX2;  Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit); Total Physical Mem, 15.92 GB; CPU Intel Core(TM) i7-4930K @ 3.40 Ghz (clock speed 3.40 (overclocked)); NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti; Motherboard:  Alienware (Alienware Aurora R4).

danroman

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 03:04:06 am »
Perhaps I should ask a different question.

What anti-virus has the fewest problems with FSDT?