Author Topic: Weird things happened to FSX after Addon Manager installed but...  (Read 2988 times)

J3Solo

I cannot see how it could have caused it.  Here is what happened:
The normal Coulti update encountered that problem that prevented a complete update so I downloaded and ran the Addon Manager.exe.
When FSX was started immediately after EVERYTHING was back to default settings. It was like a fresh install of FSX and I had to go through all those security checks for all software, etc. After an hour or so trying to get things back to the way they were yesterday I did a System Restore to May 2.

Stupid me forgot to do a backup for two weeks and was lucky to find a routine restore point.

I have not changed a thing on this PC in the last 24 hours except for the Addon manager, not even security or anti virus updates.
I have installed the Addon manager 5-6 times in the past year and never a problem.
Anyone have any clues because I just don't think addon....is the cause?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Weird things happened to FSX after Addon Manager installed but...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 12:01:13 pm »
Anyone have any clues because I just don't think addon....is the cause?

It looks like your FSX.CFG was corrupted. Yes, the Addon Manager reads it to allow the various tweaks, and if you press the "Save to FSX" will write it too, but nobody ever reported a problem with it in the many years it has been out.

MAYBE, another add-on that access the FSX.CFG was either trying to write it at the same time that you ran the Addon Manager OR it caused some kind of corruption or introduced a syntax error, and that might have forced FSX to rebuild a new one from scratch, with all default settings.

J3Solo

Re: Weird things happened to FSX after Addon Manager installed but...
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 02:10:54 pm »
Thanks for the response. I MAY have a recent fsx.cfg and will be able to reset things with it.
Regards
Neal H