Author Topic: Can't activate GSX, Serial key window never shows up  (Read 6732 times)

ayakano

Can't activate GSX, Serial key window never shows up
« on: May 05, 2014, 11:39:50 am »
Hey, I just got GSX purchased and everything and when i go to activate it the only thing i get after clicking "enter serial key" is the windowed mode reccomendation, then nothing once i click ok

FSX is already running in non maximized windowed mode so not sure whats going on here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't activate GSX, Serial key window never shows up
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 11:50:58 am »
This has been discussed many times on the forum, it's a problem caused by another program.

Check you are not running another add-on that is launching FSX itself. Launch FSX from its icon

Be sure you don't have another add-on that is "stealing" the focus, so it forces the registration dialog behind the FSX one (the dialog is likely there, you just don't see it because of this other program). Programs that are known to cause this problem are online flying clients with chat windows and similar, or programs that launch FSX themselves.

Turn them off during the registration, you can turn them back on after the registration, and launch FSX from its own icon.

ayakano

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 12:31:52 pm »
Double checked running only FSX and Activesky next, it looks like FSX ITSELF will try an force top over the serial activation window. May wanna look into that.

Either way, its activated now, while the serial window didnt show up in alt tap, clicking the FSX icon in the taskbar allowed me to get the proper window, for anyone who stumbles on this thread try that if you're having problems

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 12:48:39 pm »
Double checked running only FSX and Activesky next, it looks like FSX ITSELF will try an force top over the serial activation window. May wanna look into that.

No, it wasn't FSX, it was probably Activesky. If it wasn't that, it was another program you had in your taskbar, but I assure you that with FSX itself, the problem never happens.

preet5997

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 08:54:51 am »
Where to enter serial key in GSX ??? I have purchased but not getting where to enter serial key

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 01:45:41 pm »
Where to enter serial key in GSX ??? I have purchased but not getting where to enter serial key

As indicated in the GSX manual ( Page 3 ) and in your purchase receipt too, you use the "Register Serial" button from the Addon Manager menu, which is located under the FSX "Addons" menu.