Author Topic: No Tower shadows in FSX DX10 anymore  (Read 4091 times)

Michael Moe

No Tower shadows in FSX DX10 anymore
« on: May 02, 2014, 08:54:02 pm »
Hi,

I do love this scenery and have SteveĀ“s DX10 fixer 2.1 and for some reason i cant remember when the shadows from the tower is not there any more. Also it seems like there is only shadows at morning and night from the buildings. What can be wrong with my setup ?

Reinstall the scenery did not help
Thanks
Michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Tower shadows in FSX DX10 anymore
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 11:10:24 pm »
First, you don't need ANY fixer to use CYVR in DX10, because it's entirely and natively DX10 compatible.

And, directional shadows only appear when there's no overcast, maybe that's why you haven't seen them. It's not possible you would miss *just* the tower shadow, they would either appear everywhere, or not at all.

Michael Moe

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 09:06:37 pm »
Could you help me with a time of the year with clear skies?  I do have building shadows but they dont move during day. So i think your techniq has been broken. I can upload a picture afterwards

Michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 11:32:09 am »
Could you help me with a time of the year with clear skies?  I do have building shadows but they dont move during day

It's not very clear what do you mean with "don't move during the day", as clearly explained in the CYVR manual, there's not a continuous movement. The shadows will change at specific transition times, in steps.