Author Topic: Problem installing the latest coutl update  (Read 4447 times)

WebMaximus

Problem installing the latest coutl update
« on: May 02, 2014, 05:36:40 pm »
When I started FSX I got a message an update was available which I chose to install. However I got some error messages saying some FSX files could not be updated and after confirming that error message I received a second similar error message about some coutl files if I recall correctly.

I was also told to try again later which I did but same problem. However the second time I had to manually choose to search for updates via the Addons menu in FSX and when doing so I was told I was already running the latest version but considering the last update ended in a message some files couldn't be updated I decided to run the update again but as already said I got the same error messages again.

Haven't seen this problem before.

How do I fix this issue making sure all my files are successfully updated?
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem installing the latest coutl update
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 05:43:52 pm »
It's possible some software installed in your system, like an antivirus or a firewall, might have blocked the connection to our servers. We have two servers running in parallel, and the one used is selected at random at start so, you might just try another time.

As explained in many other threads in the forum, to be sure you have everything updated to the last version, download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

WebMaximus

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 06:00:16 pm »
Never had this problem before and I'm using the same AV software since several years back and I don't use any firewall software but I'll try downloading the latest Standalone Addon Manager and install that one.
Richard Åsberg

johndrago

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 07:11:59 pm »
It's possible some software installed in your system, like an antivirus or a firewall, might have blocked the connection to our servers. We have two servers running in parallel, and the one used is selected at random at start so, you might just try another time.

As explained in many other threads in the forum, to be sure you have everything updated to the last version, download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

I just received the same message, and NEVER had it before.  It says "there was a problem updating some FSX files, please try again later."  I hit OK, then it processes more files, then it hits the file python support for KDEN\init pye.   It then pops up and says "There was a problem updating some couatl pluggins, please try again later.

I tried it twice to make sure, but it's still there.

Any advise?

Thanks,

John
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 07:14:13 pm by johndrago »

WebMaximus

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 08:50:55 pm »
Yep...that's exactly the same error messages I got.

Since my last post I downloaded and installed the latest Standalone Addon Manager and that went all the way through without any issues so I hope/guess that means all is good now.
Richard Åsberg

johndrago

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 10:35:35 pm »
Yep...that's exactly the same error messages I got.

Since my last post I downloaded and installed the latest Standalone Addon Manager and that went all the way through without any issues so I hope/guess that means all is good now.

Good to hear the standalone install worked. 

Umberto, should I wait it out until you have time to look into it, rather than run the standalone addon installer?  Were there changes made to your install to take into account KDEN from flightbeam, and perhaps that's it?

Thanks,

John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 11:07:58 pm »
We are working at online update for KDEN, but even if you saw that message, it won't have any effect of your other files. You were already fully updated in any case.