Author Topic: jetways in fsdt airports  (Read 6197 times)

DonOscar

jetways in fsdt airports
« on: April 23, 2014, 04:17:29 pm »
hello
I understand that there might be problems controlling jetways of third parties or even fsx native ones. but what i would expect is that fsdt scenery gateways are correctly handled. now what i see is a bit wierd, depending on size of aircraft they are either levitating or sunken into the tarmac.
any error on my side here?

Oscar

johndrago

Re: jetways in fsdt airports
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 06:04:40 pm »
hello
I understand that there might be problems controlling jetways of third parties or even fsx native ones. but what i would expect is that fsdt scenery gateways are correctly handled. now what i see is a bit wierd, depending on size of aircraft they are either levitating or sunken into the tarmac.

Oscar

Hi Oscar,

If you searched for this topic you would have found many references to the fact that FSDT has nothing to do with the functionality of the jetways at their FSDT airports.  They are the default FSX jetways, and as such, are not controlled by FSDT.  They are just "dressed up" a bit.  If you look at other default airports, certain jetways sink the same way.  It's an FSX thing.

John
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 06:06:13 pm by johndrago »

cowings1588

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 06:25:01 pm »
Get AES. AES you can set the jetways to your aircraft.. Then turn off the ramp  for other things so that GSX is still in control of the ramp & AES will handle the Jetways.. That's how I have mine set up..
COA
Bill

romoni

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 11:18:07 am »
Get AES. AES you can set the jetways to your aircraft.. Then turn off the ramp  for other things so that GSX is still in control of the ramp & AES will handle the Jetways.. That's how I have mine set up..

Hi!

"Then turn off the ramp  for other things so that GSX is..."

May I ask about how do You to do that - from AES or GSX settings? I re-installed a couple weeks ago all things - OS and FSX and after that some reason I lost my moving Jetways. Before re-installation they works very well with CTRL+J key combination but not anymore.

Reason of that I installed yestarday AES - GSX is my favorite program but now I must to try combination GSX + AES.

I use UT Traffic, too and ticked Jetways but seems to be that they don't work either with AI traffic - tested addon airports and a few default airports.

Rolf

DonOscar

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 10:31:47 am »
hello

Oscar

Hi Oscar,

If you searched for this topic you would have found many references to the fact that FSDT has nothing to do with the functionality of the jetways at their FSDT airports.  They are the default FSX jetways, and as such, are not controlled by FSDT.  They are just "dressed up" a bit.  If you look at other default airports, certain jetways sink the same way.  It's an FSX thing.

John

thanks John, very helpfull

I did search the forums, and if you want, i even did RTFM. I said i would have expected addons from the same house would behave different, meant as a constructive contribution and see if developers are able to change for future updates/releases.
 You will probably agree with me that this minor detail is a shame considering the great animations that you get from GSX on the rest.

anyway

Oscar

DonOscar

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 10:34:38 am »

this is a constructive suggestion :)
yeah how you do this... but then it would only work at third party airports. ...better than nothing...

cowings1588

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 08:14:02 am »

Hi!

"Then turn off the ramp  for other things so that GSX is..." When you have AES, you have credits they give you to assign airports. When on FSX & you AES on & your assigning your aircraft & setting up the jetway to meet your aircraft door. Turn off AES ramp is what I am saying so that GSX is your only ramp doing the ramp work. Then AES will only control the jetway while GSX is your ramp..

May I ask about how do You to do that - from AES or GSX settings? I re-installed a couple weeks ago all things - OS and FSX and after that some reason I lost my moving Jetways. Before re-installation they works very well with CTRL+J key combination but not anymore. AES settings when your setting up your alignment for the jetway, you also uncheck the ramp functions. Leaving GSX as the only one doing the actual ramp but you still have command of the jetways with AES because GSX does not control jetways..  Now if you need de-icing until GSX handles deicing AES will still be your choice to do deicing & it will be in selection when you go to pull off the jetway it will ask you if need deicing.. Either yes or no answer.. 

Reason of that I installed yestarday AES - GSX is my favorite program but now I must to try combination GSX + AES.

I use UT Traffic, too and ticked Jetways but seems to be that they don't work either with AI traffic - tested addon airports and a few default airports.

Rolf
COA
Bill

cowings1588

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 08:24:57 am »

Hi!

"Then turn off the ramp  for other things so that GSX is..." (When you have AES, you have credits they give you to assign airports & activate airports. When on FSX & you have AES on & your assigning your aircraft & setting up the jetway to meet your aircraft door. Turn off AES ramp(uncheck each postion of AES ramp) is what I am saying so that GSX is your only ramp doing the ramp work. Then AES will only control the Jetway while GSX is your ramp)..

May I ask about how do You to do that - from AES or GSX settings? I re-installed a couple weeks ago all things - OS and FSX and after that some reason I lost my moving Jetways. Before re-installation they works very well with CTRL+J key combination but not anymore.

AES settings when your setting up your alignment for the jetway, you also uncheck the ramp functions. Leaving GSX as the only one doing the actual ramp but you still have command of the jetways with AES because GSX does not control jetways..  Now if you need de-icing until GSX handles deicing AES will still be your choice to do deicing & it will be in selection when you go to pull off the jetway it will ask you if need deicing.. Either yes or no answer.. 

Reason of that I installed yestarday AES - GSX is my favorite program but now I must to try combination GSX + AES.  I love my GSX too as well as AES for the jetways to meet my aircraft doors right.. I have AES ramp turned off or unchecked because I have my GSX ramp doing the actual ramp work.. :)

I use UT Traffic, too and ticked Jetways but seems to be that they don't work either with AI traffic - tested addon airports and a few default airports. Waste of time & FPS turn it off.. I have mine turned off too.. AI doesn't use it.. I've played with it & I never see them use it so to me its waste of FPS.. They don't use it anyways.. I also have the red marker over each plane turned off too because you don't see it in real life so I figure for each time it flashes the information that it does its stealing away from fps as well as possibly taking up VAS..

Rolf
COA
Bill