Author Topic: Wired push tug movement & cannot change key mapping **SOLVED**  (Read 5479 times)

namida

Hi, after having a long time to decide, purchased yesterday.

First of all, thank you for making such a nice addon,
It seems quite nice even to me who don't really care about eye candies.

Well, I believe the most important function of GSX is pushback that
users never have to concern when to start turn, etc.
But on my fist run, it shows SO WIRED movement on Gate 15, RJAA.
(Can be downloaded by searching "rjaa_ade_rs_fsx.zip" from http://library.avsim.net)

The push tug goes back well on start, but eventually starts turning and goes behind
nose gear.. finally makes a 360 turn around nose gear.  :P
I tested several times with face towards runway(right), it always happens.

And second thing is.. There are no such a thing to change key command.
The only I can see in the menu is "GSX" and nothing happens when I double click it.

So I searched forum, and figured out I can only use ten numeric keys - and did this, works fine.
[global]
youcontrol=Ctrl+0
[GSX]
shortcut=0
All I'm curious is: Is there another command that I can set or not.
If these two commands are the only commands users can use, I'm OK for now.

Also, a sudden loud truck sound comes when changing view from VC to spot or locked spot.

Above things might be seems minor, but the main reason buying GSX was to get more realism.
I wish these small things won't harm those experiences..

P.s. I use PMDG 737NGX mainly and using many shortcuts including Ctrl+F12 & Ctrl+Shift+F12.
When I clear that keys on first installation both key commands worked fine but regardless of them
Changing key mapping doesn't showed up. UAC off, Already logged on with administrator. Win7 SP2 64x.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 02:31:02 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Wired push tug movement & cannot change key mapping
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 10:21:08 pm »
But on my fist run, it shows SO WIRED movement on Gate 15, RJAA.
(Can be downloaded by searching "rjaa_ade_rs_fsx.zip" from http://library.avsim.net)

The push tug goes back well on start, but eventually starts turning and goes behind
nose gear.. finally makes a 360 turn around nose gear.  :P
I tested several times with face towards runway(right), it always happens.

Surely a mistake in the AFCAD file. I guess a pushback on a default airport using the default AFCAD works fine, right ?

So I searched forum, and figured out I can only use ten numeric keys - and did this, works fine.

No, you can't. For the GSX hotkey, you can use ANY combination that is NOT used by FSX or another add-on.

What you might referring to, is the numeric keys that controls the GSX menu CHOICES, after a transparent on-screen menu is displayed. This is a standard FSX menu and it's handled directly by FSX, and will use keys from 0 to 9, and you can't change them.

[global]
youcontrol=Ctrl+0
[GSX]
shortcut=0

This assignment, which you probably did, won't work, because you created a conflict with the 0 key, which is used by FSX for its menus, regardless or not if the menu has been called by GSX.

Also, a sudden loud truck sound comes when changing view from VC to spot or locked spot.

That's normal, of course. A truck comes, and it's louder when you go outside.

Changing key mapping doesn't showed up. UAC off, Already logged on with administrator. Win7 SP2 64x.

That's not normal. Try to remove the Keymapping.ini manually, then reinstall GSX. Be sure you don't have FSX or any other add-on that runs under FSX in "Compatibility" mode.

boilerbill

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 12:19:42 am »
You might find the following list to be helpful: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Keys_-_Listing_-_Default_Types_%28FSXA%29  The list shows all of the default keys and key combinations for FSX (actually the Acceleration version, but most of the basics are the same as plain FSX). More importantly here, it shows the unassigned keys and key combinations.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

namida

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 06:18:28 am »
Thank you for reply.

Now it seems that the AFCAD problem is it's own.

And 0 & Ctrl+0 key works fine for opening GSX menu, of course not for closing.
0 or Ctrl+0 to open menu, Ctrl+0 to close. I tried ~ key but no luck.
I think I'm gonna stick to these 0 keys.  ;)

A sudden loud sound, it is NOT normal I think.
It is quiet in the cockpit/spot view with 20% of loudness. (Not meaning I lowered volume)
And when I press S key once - to change view to spot/locked spot, the sound comes to 100%
for a short moment and goes back to low normally.

And.. of course I reinstalled SEVERAL times deleted all the setting files, including AppData, ini.
Changed default plane and EDDM for starting situation file for FSX, but same result.
Everytime I installed, hot key works fine (Ctrl+F12), but can't see or change any keys.

I fresh reinstalled GSX after uninstall, deleted all appdatas/ini, reboot, run FSX everytime.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 07:19:17 am by namida »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 10:09:39 am »
A sudden loud sound, it is NOT normal I think.
It is quiet in the cockpit/spot view with 20% of loudness. (Not meaning I lowered volume)
And when I press S key once - to change view to spot/locked spot, the sound comes to 100%
for a short moment and goes back to low normally.

You know that ( reading the GSX manual ) you can change the volume of GSX sounds ?

Everytime I installed, hot key works fine (Ctrl+F12), but can't see or change any keys.

Not normal. Be sure you don't have FSX or any other add-on that runs under FSX in "Compatibility" mode.

namida

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 12:23:56 pm »
It's little bit embarrassing that you seems really don't understand what I wrote about sudden sound popping.  :(
For example, both engines are running now. Each view has it's own characteristics.

Cockpit view: about 20% of loudness
Spot view: about 60%
Overwing view: about 100%

The reason overwing view is louder than others is it's point of view is staying closer the the engines BUT
I doesn't SPIKE the volume to 100% when I change from Cockpit to Spot view. Is this makes sense?

With GSX, the volume SPIKES to the level of Overwing view when I change the view from Cockpit to Spot view.
I guess the problem is GSX is using seperate executable to playing sounds. I think the program has to be manages to fix.

And shortcut key, I never used compatability mode and no addons running that mode.
The only two addon I'm using with FSX is PMDG 737NGX(FSUIPC included obviously) and FsRecorder.

What else I can do to resolve this?

--edit--
I turned of the log file and found an error at the end of the log. This is the final part of the log.
Starting system monitors
Current locale is Korean_Korea.949
SharedMemInterface connected
Loading aircraft data from Airplanes\PMDG 737-900NGX
aircraftDb.py provides aircraft data with priority 2
Using aircraft data from aircraftDb.py
Found gsx.cfg file at C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\Airplanes\PMDG 737-900NGX\gsx.cfg
Loading airport RKSS from D:/Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/Korea/rkss_gimpo_x/scenery/AF2_RKSS.bgl
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\keyMappingsDialog.py", line 45, in onInitDialog
  File "wx\_controls.py", line 4716, in InsertStringItem
UnicodeDecodeError: 'cp949' codec can't decode byte 0x99 in position 35: incomplete multibyte sequence
Hope this is helpful.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 12:28:12 pm by namida »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 02:19:13 pm »
It's little bit embarrassing that you seems really don't understand what I wrote about sudden sound popping.  :(

I understood perfectly, which is why I've asked you to check your sound levels, you can change them both in GSX and FSX, you will surely find something that suits you.

With GSX, the volume SPIKES to the level of Overwing view when I change the view from Cockpit to Spot view.
I guess the problem is GSX is using seperate executable to playing sounds. I think the program has to be manages to fix.

That's exactly what I've said, the GSX sound levels ARE manageable, just lower the GSX sounds, if that sound you are referring to IS coming from GSX in the first place. You are reporting a "spike" in sound, but nobody has ever reported this issue. If you lower the overall level, you will of course notice it much less.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\keyMappingsDialog.py", line 45, in onInitDialog
  File "wx\_controls.py", line 4716, in InsertStringItem
UnicodeDecodeError: 'cp949' codec can't decode byte 0x99 in position 35: incomplete multibyte sequence

That's looks like a problem indeed, and it seems related to your country settings (Korean ? ), we'll check it out.

namida

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 01:57:32 pm »
Thank you for update.

Now I can see the mey map menu properly.
Though there are many companies that doesn't care about text code issue that
have to change locale to English to install that product and sometimes even can't
use it's functions, I feel very thankful for what you've done.

I'll let the people who asked about this on my forum, too.
(Many of us bought GSX and they'll be glad for this, too :D)

I'll expect for further developement of tiny (but not to me, sadly)
improvement of sound control someday..

I appreciate for great effort.