Author Topic: Strange error occurring with GSX / Couatl / Addon Manager.  (Read 3671 times)

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
Strange error occurring with GSX / Couatl / Addon Manager.
« on: March 28, 2014, 11:17:05 am »
I'm just about to uninstall and reinstall GSX after now several times having odd messages displayed when trying to use GSX at airports for pushback. I'm not sure where the error truly lies as the message box says something to the effect that "an unknown addon has caused a problem with couatl, details in XXXX file, update to latest addon manager". Sorry, those are not exact words. I was in my cockpit and not able to get everything down.

The XXX was a file path to an error file ("couatl.err"), the contents of which I show below.

After completing the flights (without GSX at all as the error made it disappear) I did what the prompt said, downloaded addon-manager and installed it. After that FSX wouldn't even run -- it gets as far as the main flight selection display and then simply disappears, with no error listed anywhere, even in the Windows event logs.

So, i assume that somehow something has been corrupted and have re-downloaded GSX and plan to reinstall it in the hope that it will put things right. Meanwhile, perhaps you will find this information useful.

If reinstalling doesn't work, I'll be back!

Pete

==================================================

couatl v2.0 (build 2358)
panic log started on Wed Mar 26 15:18:25 2014

problem raised by addon <unknown>Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 67, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 205, in do
  File "couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.py", line 286, in run
RuntimeError: cruise speed must be positive

couatl v2.0 (build 2358)
panic log started on Thu Mar 27 15:06:51 2014

File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\pushBack.py", line 252, in do
KeyError: popitem(): dictionary is empty

couatl v2.0 (build 2358)
panic log started on Thu Mar 27 15:11:17 2014

File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\pushBack.py", line 252, in do
KeyError: popitem(): dictionary is empty

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Strange error occurring with GSX / Couatl / Addon Manager.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 11:39:38 am »

This has been discussed other times on the forum, and it's usually a problem of the scenery AFCAD, like overlapping nodes, orphaned nodes, orphaned links, unreachable parkings, etc.

Note sure about the 2nd error ( the "KeyError: popitem(): dictionary is empty" ), but they might be related. Which airport are you using ? Perhaps checking the AFCAD with the ADE or AFX "Fault Finder" option might indicate the cause of the problem.

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 12:42:58 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, it must be scenery related as I tried again at a different airport and it worked fine. So, already, I've looked at the airport which gives me those errors most consistently (VrCreations Sofia, LBSF, freeware) and, using ADE I find that none of its gates are connected to a taxiway! They are all "orphans". Crazy!

I will see if there's an update available, else I'll see to fixing the AFD BGL myself.

[LATER] No update, so I'm setting to work ... there's always something to do which stops actual flying! :-(

Thanks!

Pete

« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 12:56:32 pm by Pete Dowson »

sepa777

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 12:08:32 am »
i have that error to.. and i don't know how to fix it.. or what kind of program.. are you talking about guys..please help :( regards..

couatl v2.0 (build 2358)
panic log started on Fri May 02 21:47:04 2014

File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 205, in do
  File "couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.py", line 286, in run

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 01:56:06 am »
i have that error to.. and i don't know how to fix it.. or what kind of program.. are you talking about guys..please help

The program I use is ADE (Airport Design Editor) which is very good and free -- see http://www.scruffyduck.org/. Excellent program.

Pete