Author Topic: Problem with Cualt  (Read 2465 times)

erikk

Problem with Cualt
« on: March 12, 2014, 09:10:38 pm »
Hi,

Because it is a problem with the whole Cualt engine or the Addon Manager, I will post it here.
Since today I have a strange problem with my FSX. When I am standing at EHAM, with GSX, and other scenery's of FSDT and FB, I can open add-on manager or use the other options with cualt or gsx in the FSX menu. But when I am at a airport that use the Add-on manager and Cualt Engine, it doesn't work. The scenery looks fine. But I can't open the menu's. If I click them nothing will happen. If I click restart Cualt. It will shut Cualt down but it won't restart.
Also when I stand at KJFK or KIAD, and I close my fsx. The process of FSX won't end, and I have to force its end with the task manager. This problem is not at an another airport far away from the FSDT or FB airports.
I have reinstalled all the products which work with Cualt, deleted my FSX.cfg, but nothing has changed.

Erik

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with Cualt
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 11:03:47 pm »
But when I am at a airport that use the Add-on manager and Cualt Engine, it doesn't work. The scenery looks fine. But I can't open the menu's. If I click them nothing will happen.

Nobody ever reported this before, and it just can't happen. If you see the scenery, it means everything is running correctly.

Try to enable logging in the "Troubleshooting" section of the "GSX - Settings" menu, when you are on a default airport. Then, go to an FSDT airport and let the problem happens, then exit from FSX and check if a Couatl.err file has been generated in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder. Post its content. If there's no such file, post at least the Couatl.LOG file, which will always be generated.