Author Topic: complete uninstall?  (Read 2416 times)

diceflo

complete uninstall?
« on: March 11, 2014, 09:08:18 pm »
Hi guys, I have had to reinstall prepar3d so many times (don't ask) and now I would like to reinstall my fsdt sceneries. When I try to reinstall from the beginning it doesn't install correctly. For one it doesn't ask me for my serial number and it doesn't ask my to run addon manager or coutl and sure enough if I open up prepar3d there is no add on menu like there used to be.

So I am guessing there is something in the inner workings of software that is stopping the correct install. I would like to know how to do a complete uninstall so I can reinstall as if I never had the sceneries before. I don't mind putting all the serial numbers in again and again if I know that I have installed correctly. By the way I have them as exclusions in my anti virus so it shouldn't be that.

thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: complete uninstall?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 10:06:27 pm »
When I try to reinstall from the beginning it doesn't install correctly. For one it doesn't ask me for my serial number

That's surely NOT an indication the installation had a problem. As explained many times on the forum:

- The installer will never ask your Serial Number. If you need to enter a Serial Number, it will be only inside the sim, from the Addon Manager menu, only after you press the "Register Serial" button.

- If you "just" Uninstall the scenery, and even Uninstall the sim entirely, your Serial Number and the activation won't be lost.

So, it's just normal that you weren't asked to to insert your Serial Number again or reactivate. This will be needed ONLY you change major hardware components, or if you reinstall Windows from scratch.

and it doesn't ask my to run addon manager or coutl

This, by itself, is not an indication of a problem. The permission to run modules happens in FSX only, you will never see that message in P3D.

and sure enough if I open up prepar3d there is no add on menu like there used to be.

So I am guessing there is something in the inner workings of software that is stopping the correct install.

There's obviously nothing in our software that prevent *itself* from running! When the software is not running, is ALWAYS caused by something else, most likely causes are:

- Antivirus interfering. Disable the antivirus, reinstall with the antivirus off, and configure it to exclude both FSDT modules or, even better, the whole P3D folder from scanning.

- Problems with your Windows system libraries.

- There's ANOTHER problem, specific to P3D, which has been discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9908.msg78043.html#msg78043

Try to apply the same solution in that post.