Author Topic: GSX Crashes **SOLVED**  (Read 4782 times)

CheesecakeCharlie

GSX Crashes **SOLVED**
« on: March 04, 2014, 09:14:06 am »
Hi .....

This is an awesome package ... However since the latest update of coult it no longer works at airports.  When I call for 'a service' nothing happens and the menu entry disappears and the keys no longer work.

Any suggestions as how to remedy this ?

Cheers  ???

JC
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 03:35:34 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Crashes
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 01:09:05 pm »
You must have missed a major update in the past. Try to download and install the full GSX installer.

CheesecakeCharlie

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 01:17:15 pm »
Hi .... I only purchased this addon about a week ago so I was informed it was up to date.   ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 01:21:10 pm »
Hi .... I only purchased this addon about a week ago so I was informed it was up to date.   ???

Since there has been an update yesterday, it's absolutely normal that last week it said it was all updated...because last week it was.

However, it's not possible the yesterday update would have caused any problems to GSX, since it was related ONLY to a problem with runway lights at CYVR under P3D 2.1

In any case, have you TRIED to do what I've suggested ? There was a post in this same section about it:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9968.0.html

And reinstalling using the full installer fixed the problem for that users, which is why I've suggested to do the same. Try it, and if it doesn't work, we'll check what else might be.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:23:31 pm by virtuali »

CheesecakeCharlie

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 01:33:53 pm »
I've just uninstalled GSX and cleaned the registry.  Downloaded a fresh copy and will try now

No same problem.  When I load FSX its there in the Addons.  But when I call for ie: refuelling then its removed from the addons menu and nothing happens.

Many thanks
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:43:19 pm by CheesecakeCharlie »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 01:55:03 pm »
But when I call for ie: refuelling then its removed from the addons menu and nothing happens.

Which airplane you used ? There's likely a problem with the airplane configuration you are using, try to reset it to default, using the "Reset" button in the Airplane configuration editor.

CheesecakeCharlie

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 02:09:30 pm »
But when I call for ie: refuelling then its removed from the addons menu and nothing happens.

Which airplane you used ? There's likely a problem with the airplane configuration you are using, try to reset it to default, using the "Reset" button in the Airplane configuration editor.

I am using Aerosoft Airbus X Extended ... I did rest and tried again and the same thing.  I then restarted FSX and tried with stock plane and same problem.  As soon as I call for a Service, Coualt disappears from the addon menus and i've noticed that the vehicles outside disappear too  ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 02:41:02 pm »
I am using Aerosoft Airbus X Extended ... I did rest and tried again and the same thing.  I then restarted FSX and tried with stock plane and same problem.  As soon as I call for a Service, Coualt disappears from the addon menus and i've noticed that the vehicles outside disappear too  ???

Doesn't happen here, not with the Airbus nor with any other airplane, of course.

First, check you haven't installed a GSX.CFG custom configuration file for the Airbus X in its root folder ( the one under Simobjects\Airplanes ), because if you put a file there, the "Reset" option doesn't remove it.

If that doesn't work, perhaps you have a corrupted file in your preferences, which are NOT removed by uninstalling. To remove all GSX preferences, remove the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and REINSTALL.

CheesecakeCharlie

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 02:56:17 pm »
Cant believe that it was ok yesterday but today  :'(  ... I am removing everything and will try again ... That seemed to work and everything is back to normal.  Weird
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 03:07:42 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 03:08:45 pm »
Cant believe that it was ok yesterday but today  :'(  ... I am removing everything and will try again ... That seemed to work and everything is back to normal.  Weird

That's not strange, file corruption can happen at any time, if it was fixed by removing the preferences, it was probably one of the preference files which was corrupted in some way.