Author Topic: Faulty Stairway Alignment NGX WL  (Read 3095 times)

crauds

Faulty Stairway Alignment NGX WL
« on: February 21, 2014, 07:29:07 pm »
Hi Umberto!

I am still using v2.0.0.2356 since none of the subsequent updates seemed to apply to me.  All works great with two exceptions:

1.  The L Front passenger stairway on the NGX WL always raises up to over the top of the fuselage.  I have to reset the couatl aircraft settings for the aircraft back to default and then restart Couatl in order for it then to appear correctly.  I keep saving the configuration but each time I board/deboard the aircraft it again appears to raise up too high.  I am including image along with my current Couatl settings for the aircraft.

2.  When loading the heavy or cargo aircraft using the 5 cart trolleys, the path taken by the front trolley upon completion of the load turns inward and runs over itself each time.  It is turning counterclockwise instead of clockwise when it exits. 

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Faulty Stairway Alignment NGX WL
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 09:17:00 pm »
I am still using v2.0.0.2356 since none of the subsequent updates seemed to apply to me.  All works great with two exceptions:

You must have everything updated, the 737 stairs has been updated, and you MUST apply all the updates, otherwise it won't work. Note that, it's not enough to just apply Live Updates and/or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, in this case, you will have to download and install one of the Vehicles updates too.

2.  When loading the heavy or cargo aircraft using the 5 cart trolleys, the path taken by the front trolley upon completion of the load turns inward and runs over itself each time.  It is turning counterclockwise instead of clockwise when it exits. 

That's nothing you can fix, we added 5 trolleys because users wanted for the 777, but it shouldn't probably appear with smaller planes, because it doesn't have room for maneuvering, we will have to fix this, but right now there's nothing you can do.

crauds

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 10:11:29 pm »
Thanks, Umberto.

I will download and install latest version + latest livery.

Oops!  Just checked and I already have the June 2013 livery installed.  So that can't be the problem. I will download and install latest version of the main program, however.

I do notice that there are different types of stair units that seem to randomly be deployed.  The problem only occurs when the stair unit with the canopy is deployed.  The one without the canopy attaches at the correct door height.   What controls which stair unit is deployed?  I have never had issues with other aircraft models and GSX, only the PMDG NGX.

Craig
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 10:20:19 pm by crauds »
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 11:16:47 pm »
Oops!  Just checked and I already have the June 2013 livery installed.  So that can't be the problem. I will download and install latest version of the main program, however.

That doesn't mean much: that file is *constantly* updated, because it contains *every* vehicle released AFTER that date. It doesn't mean that, if you install it once, you don't need it anymore!

The problem only occurs when the stair unit with the canopy is deployed.  The one without the canopy attaches at the correct door height.   What controls which stair unit is deployed?  I have never had issues with other aircraft models and GSX, only the PMDG NGX.

The problem happens if you have outdated vehicles. As I've said, that specific staircase has been updated at some point, and won't work unless you update the vehicles.

Of course, installing the current GSX full installer will have the same effect, but it would have been exactly the same as if you just downloaded one of the vehicle updates, the smallest one is usually enough, if your GSX install is not too old, but any of the 3 will work just the same, because each one contains *everything* released AFTER its indicated date, up to today. And so does the GSX Full installer so, whatever of the 4 installer you will use, it will fix this problem.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 11:18:28 pm by virtuali »

crauds

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 08:04:34 pm »
Installed latest version and now all seems OK.  Thanks, Umberto.

Craig
Craig Williams