Author Topic: slight simconnect issue and add on manager  (Read 2757 times)

mazelda

slight simconnect issue and add on manager
« on: February 05, 2014, 01:15:29 pm »
Hi all
I've a slight problem of my own making that I need a bit of advice on to fix
It started while I was trying to get another program to work on a client pc that has failed totally!!
As a case of this while following the simconnect manual I changed the EXE.xml file which had a big knock on effect, in that I lost my ai aircraft, specifically UT2.
Unfortunately I had forgotten to make a backup first (lesson learned again). I tried several fixes with no luck and also tried some ideas from other forums but no joy, however I eventually found a solution and got UT2 working again, but! now the reason I write here to get UT2 to work I found an old backup of the EXE.xml which had the added name to the exe of before addon manager and in this there are no entries in the file for couatl.
When I run fsx all seems fine and I can access the addon manager,I've not tried using any of the options contained within
So do I need to get the couatl lines back into the EXE.xml file or not, and what are the implications of not adding the lines back in.
hope you can help with this
many thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: slight simconnect issue and add on manager
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 01:53:15 pm »
So do I need to get the couatl lines back into the EXE.xml file or not, and what are the implications of not adding the lines back in.

Without the Couatl lines, nothing will ever work. However, just reinstall the latest Stand-Alone Addon manager, and it will fix your EXE.XML automatically. Provided, of course, your existing EXE.XML is clean without errors.

mazelda

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 02:30:39 pm »
Thanks silli question now but where do I find the latest addon manager?
rgds

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 02:52:26 pm »
There's a download link for it in every "Info" page of every product.

mazelda

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 02:52:51 pm »
Umberto
Please disregard last comment I found a copy on my hard drive
thanks

installed and all back to normal thanks