Author Topic: texture disappearing after video driver update  (Read 1959 times)

fhgh

texture disappearing after video driver update
« on: February 01, 2014, 11:03:44 pm »
Hi guys! I'm afraid I've had the insane idea of updating my nvidia card drivers. I downloaded a program  called geforce experience that's supposed to check for updates for the graphic card. I installed the updates and started experiencing some problems with GSX and some of its textures (marchaller, vehicles...) I actually started experiencing graphic problems with fsx itself which is even worse i might say.. does anyone know how I could go back to what it was? everything worked perfectly fine before. Should I simply uninstall the graphic card drivers and install back the ones that came with the machine? I'm just afraid that by doing so i might end up messing everything up even more.. I wanted to restore the system to a previous point but the oldest restore point is after the update of the drivers.. Alternatively, could anyone give me a link where some solutions have been suggested already, please? Any help or suggestion would be really appreciated!
thank you in advance!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: texture disappearing after video driver update
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 12:34:30 pm »
It's ok to use new drivers but, it's possible you had wrong tweaks/settings coming from the old drivers, that would cause issues to FSX with the new one.

- Try to use the customized driver setup option, and make a "clean" install.

- Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsof\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to rebuild a new config with all default settings. After doing this, be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak in the Addon Manager, save the settings and restart FSX.