Author Topic: PROBLEM WITH GSX  (Read 2989 times)

airbrain63

PROBLEM WITH GSX
« on: January 25, 2014, 02:36:11 pm »
when I start GSX when I am using the pmdg 737 aircraft . I am only getting what looks like just the parking options although my engines are shut down and the parking brakes are on. I was parked at Gatwick when I tried this.

when I tried the default 737 aircraft parked at Glasgow with the engines shut down and the parking brakes  on I was getting the options I expected

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PROBLEM WITH GSX
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 03:40:43 pm »
when I start GSX when I am using the pmdg 737 aircraft . I am only getting what looks like just the parking options although my engines are shut down and the parking brakes are on. I was parked at Gatwick when I tried this.

If you are getting the parking selection, it means GSX thinks you are outside of the parking. This might due to an AFCAD conflict.

You can first check which AFCAD is being used by GSX, with the "Customize parking positions" menu, the page that will open will indicate the name of the AFCAD in use.

It's not the one that comes with the scenery, there might be several reasons for this:

- There's another AFCAD for the same airport on an higher layer in the Scenery Library so, you must either remove it, or put your airport on an higher layer, then restart FSX to apply the changes.

- The AFCAD included with the airport has some kind of error, so GSX discarded it.

- For some reason, GSX didn't detected you installed the scenery, so its scenery cache is outdated, in this case, try to force a cache rebuild, by removing the following folders:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes
C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

And restart FSX, you should see both FSX and GSX rebuilding their scenery caches, the new scenery should work at the end of the process.

airbrain63

Re: PROBLEM WITH GSX
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 07:59:34 pm »
Thanks very much for your help.

when I tried the default 737 at the same location parked at Gatwick I got the same parking options for that too with the engines shut down and parking brake on . I think I might have moved the pmdg 737 as I remember the engines starting on the pmdg 737 at one point when I first loaded the pmdg 737 flight and may have moved the pmdg 737 out of the recognised parking spot

airbrain63

tom.gailey@yahoo.com