Author Topic: Problems with GSX and Addon Manager for FSX **SOLVED**  (Read 15730 times)

VBV109

Re: Problems with GSX and Addon Manager for FSX
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2014, 02:44:40 pm »
Hi,

I really am sorry, but I do not get a text-window from simconnect.ini. I put the code as simconnect.ini in C:\USERS\<MY NAME>\DOCUMENTS\MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X FILES\>, but nothing happens. :'(

Now I will try to remove the programs again (addon manager and gsx), also the register-part and try to reinstall it. After that I'll let you know again.

Why does it have to be so difficult???  ;D

VBV109

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2014, 05:37:18 pm »
Have tried it again, but still not working.  :'( :o :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 07:05:24 pm »
I really am sorry, but I do not get a text-window from simconnect.ini. I put the code as simconnect.ini in C:\USERS\<MY NAME>\DOCUMENTS\MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X FILES\>, but nothing happens.

There are now two possible explanations for this:

1) You haven't done it correctly.

OR

2) Your FSX install is compromised, up to the point that Simconnect is not even able to start the diagnostic mode. Which explains why our software can't start.

Why does it have to be so difficult???

It's not "difficult", if Simconnect doesn't work on your FSX, this doesn't obviously have anything to do with our software, and a lot of other add-ons will be affected too.

If Simconnect is not working, don't lose your time trying to "fix" the Addon Manager reinstalling/uninstalling it. The problem is entirely unrelated to them, it's your FSX installation that is compromised.

As I've said to you, several times already, I'm always available for a Teamviewer session to have a look at your system. PM me to arrange a session.

VBV109

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2014, 03:55:11 pm »
Thank you very much. I will try to "repair" FSX first. When that doesn't work, I'll contact you asap.

Again... Lots of thanks and hope it'll work soon.

Have a nice weekend.  :D

VBV109

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 04:32:13 pm »
Repair of FSX resulted in "Fatal Error Occured", so I formatted HDD. Installed FSX and GSX. Everything works now. Thanx.