Author Topic: auto updates  (Read 2592 times)

johnk51

auto updates
« on: January 21, 2014, 12:40:27 am »
Sometimes when I start fsx fsdt/couatl does an update.  After that I find out that some of the afcads have also been updated.  Is there a reason for this?  I use ade to make my parking spots the sizes I want and I have also added approaches.  I usually find out when on approach and when atc tells me what rwy and I want to use a star to that rwy, it's not in the gps nor rnav sections for the airport.  I then have to put back the one that I was using or add the approaches back in and redo the parking.  What has changed in the new afcad.
John K

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: auto updates
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 09:51:26 am »
Already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6753.0.html

As the other thread clarified, nothing you made is ever lost, and a backup is always made.

If are used to add your own approaches, the better option would be making a separate AFCAD containing just the approaches, and put it on an higher layer in the Scenery Library, it's best if you just make one folder with all your modified AFCADs there, so you need only one area in the Scenery Library.

You can also use the same method for the whole AFCAD, so you can simply stop worrying what happens in our scenery folder, because your own AFCAD will take the precedence and won't be overwritten. However, you must be sure your AFCAD is still named as the original one from FSDT, otherwise you will lose any GSX customization we made for that airport, and you might miss eventual updates we made for it.