Author Topic: GSX not working  (Read 5048 times)

Kjelle

GSX not working
« on: November 21, 2013, 04:05:03 pm »
Hello.

I have problem with FSX. After that I installed any aircraft the GSX not working. When I take a look on Addon Manager I can see that GSX is active. But nothing happens when I push on Ctrl+F12 on  my keyboard. Whats wrong?

Kjell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not working
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 07:38:00 pm »
As explained several times on the forum, the first thing to check is if the assigned key is the correct one (you might have changed it), and if there aren't any key conflicts, both between different GSX keys or between GSX and other running programs.

To check the GSX key assignments, use the "Key Mapping" menu under the "Couatl powered products" menu.

Be sure you don't have two identical keys assigned and, of course, check all your other running add-ons they don't use any key used by GSX and if they do, either change the key in GSX or in the other add-ons, if they allow changing it.

Kjelle

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 11:56:14 pm »
Where can I find "Couatl powered products" menu?

Kjell

Hnla

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 02:36:28 am »
Where can I find "Couatl powered products" menu?

Kjell

Seriously... You turned on your computer on by yourself?

Maybe under ""Addons"" in the FSX menu?

Kjelle

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 03:03:41 pm »
Under FSX meny and addons I can only see Addon manager. There I can see that GSX is active....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 07:03:04 pm »
Under FSX meny and addons I can only see Addon manager. There I can see that GSX is active....

As explained many times on the forum, when something doesn't seem to work, it's NEVER an activation problem. If something lose the activation for any reason, the program will not stop to work, it will go back in Trial mode which means, for GSX, working entirely at FSDT/Flightbeam airports, or on the Trial airports, with a message saying the program is not active, if you try to use it on a non-Trial airport.

So, your problem doesn't have anything to do with the activation, your problem is that something in your system has blocked the Couatl program ( so you don't see its menu ), which is required by GSX to run. The most likely cause for this is a faulty antivirus program that has detected a false positive.

- Download and install GSX with the Antivirus TURNED OFF

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning

YOURFSXFOLDER\bglamanx.dll
YOURFSXFOLDER\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

Kjelle

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 07:31:54 pm »
Ok. Download from which site? Fsdreamteam.com?
Kjell

Kjelle

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 10:00:08 pm »
Hallo.
Now GSX working for me again. Thank you for all help.

Kjell