Author Topic: New facilities in updated forum  (Read 2628 times)

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
New facilities in updated forum
« on: October 21, 2013, 04:33:40 pm »
Umberto,
I notice that, during the morning of 21 October, we were not able to access the forum because the software was being updated.
Now that it is available again, I see that its screen resolution has been increased (big improvement!). Can you tell us what other things have changed?
Ta,
Richard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New facilities in updated forum
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 05:31:11 pm »
I'm not sure if those changes were all intentional: we haven't updated the forum software, the downtime was due of having moved the whole FSDT site on a new server with a new hosting company.

You might remember that this summer we had the whole site down for a week, running on a backup site without forum, because our former hosting service had the whole support staff in vacation and there was no way to contact them either. Although the service was eventually restored, we weren't happy of that lack of service we received from that hosting company, so we now moved to a different server with a different company.

The new server has a newer operating system with updated support software releases so, it's possible those changes you see are a result of those updates. It's likely a bit faster too, because we have an higher bandwidth allowance now.

StevenK

Re: New facilities in updated forum
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 06:44:23 pm »
I have noticed that the forum loads faster also
Glad that everything went smoothly Umberto
Steven Kiberton
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 3.3Ghz | Coolermaster Hyper TX3 | ASUS Motherboard M5A 78L-M | 16GB DDR3 RAM | EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1gb PCI Express DDR3 DVI HDMI | 750w Corsair AX750 | 1TB HDD + 120GB SSD | x2 - 20" WideScreen Monitors