Author Topic: Socald Free GSX, and waitingtime before i can use FSX.  (Read 3357 times)

Dibidut

Socald Free GSX, and waitingtime before i can use FSX.
« on: October 18, 2013, 11:52:44 pm »
Hi guys and Girls.
Im new here, as you can see.
My problem is that the "so call free" GSX always seems to have to update, even where it isnt allowed to be present eg. FlyTampa:Maarten Complete,
The main problem seems to be that there is some of GSXs Airports cars and other stuff, hanging 5-10 meters  above ground and yet another GSX ??ground??
and it take at least a minute or 2 (really annoing, becourse all the rest is rapidly fast loaded) for GSX to be ready( So call uploading).
Ive got Your JFK2, KLAX, VAN and Zurich and some of FlightBeams also.
 :  http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/10/18/YZQJ9.jpg
So what to do about all these, any idears
Kind regards
Henrik

Btw. beside ORBX i became to love/like Your Ports very mutch indeed.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 10:09:50 am by virtuali »

Dibidut

Re: Socald Free GSX, and waitingtime before i can use FSX.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 02:27:51 am »
Oh i se. maybe i am in the wrong thead??? :-\

Hnla

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 05:59:32 am »
The main problem seems to be that there is some of GSXs Airports cars and other stuff, hanging 5-10 meters  above ground and yet another GSX ?

What made you come to the conclusion that those are GSX vehicles  ???

Dibidut

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 06:28:46 am »
Hi.
For the first, i havnt seen this before, secund they are so p..Good-looking.
And therd(3) it was a long shot. :)
Henrik

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 10:20:21 am »
always seems to have to update, even where it isnt allowed to be present eg. FlyTampa:Maarten Complete,

The Live Update is active even if GSX is not active at a specific airport because is in Trial. This is of course is made intentionally: you surely would want to know that it IS constantly updated, regardless where you are.

The main problem seems to be that there is some of GSXs Airports cars and other stuff, hanging 5-10 meters  above ground and yet another GSX ??ground??

Those in your screenshots are NOT GSX vehicles. They are default FSX ground vehicles that you might not have seen in the past because your ground airport traffic slider was too low but now you raised it.

The reason why the float on ground, is because you have an AFCAD conflict, another scenery has set a different altitude for that airport. Of course, it doesn't have anything to do with GSX.

and it take at least a minute or 2 (really annoing, becourse all the rest is rapidly fast loaded) for GSX to be ready( So call uploading).

If with "so call uploading" you really meant "so called updating the airport cache" then no, it doesn't do that. GSX will update its airport cache ONLY if you add/remove a scenery or change something in the Scenery Library.

Another possible reason is that, in case you have a problem in one of your sceneries, like a corrupted file or something like that, GSX will not complete its cache regeneration so, it will try it again on the next start, in the assumption that you would have fixed your problem in the meantime.

This can be checked by enabling Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the "GSX - Settings" page. Start FSX with logging enabled and then exit. Then post the content of the %APPDATA%\Couatl.log file, which will hopefully contain some information about what scenery in your system had a problem.

Dibidut

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 03:34:13 pm »
Thanks for Your answer Umberto.
You are right. In ORBX land i mostly have fluwn "low&slow" and never used the Airport equipment or FSDT/FB mutch, but with the new FTX Global i also
intent flying some of the bigger planes in my Hangar.
As said it was a long shot, and yes My FSX Vehicle slider had moved a tick up. :-\
And thanks for the thought about the afcad file. So let the hunting begin 8)
Must be either FTXGlobal, UTX or maybe UT2 or some FSX...PyH :o
I wil also se into the Troubleshooting, logging thing (i havnt tryed that before).
GSX sems to work perfectly nice in Your Airports, alls Good there.
So maybe it wil be my next purcase (forced to) ::)
Thanks again and Kind regards
Henrik

And i apologize for my bad English.