Author Topic: Help, Couatl and all FSDream Sceneries a not there anymore???  (Read 4264 times)

Hor1463

Help, Couatl and all FSDream Sceneries a not there anymore???
« on: September 29, 2013, 05:58:28 pm »
Today I started my FSX but there is now FSD Scernery no KJFK, no GSX no PHNL ans so on. What happend? I have done nothing else. What can I to to get them back?
Roland

Hor1463

Re: Help, Couatl and all FSDream Sceneries a not there anymore???
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 06:37:02 pm »
Hi, I restarted the Addonmanager and GSX Install and it works. But only with the default aircraft. If I then use the PMDG 777 there is no addonmanger in the FSX and no GSX. Never have this problem until today? Where can I find the addonmanager file to deinstall ist?
Roland

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 10:11:30 pm »
Are you sure that the Addon Manager disappear as soon as you select the PMDG 777 ? That's not possible, the Addon Manager can't disappear while FSX is working, a crash in it would crash FSX too. Couatl could crash/quit without causing FSX to crash, so you might see its menu to disappear if there's some kind of error, maybe in the airplane configuration, but the Addon Manager can't just disappear like that.

Please, describe exactly your sequence of operations.

Hor1463

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 09:46:59 am »
Good morning, I think, that I solved the Problem. I would like to start my Flight at KSFO (FlyBeam Trail Version). When I put the aircraft on that airport, the trailfunctions kills the function of the addonmanager and shows no FSD sceneries. I will test it today in the evening and tell you later, thanks.
Roland

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 10:31:22 am »
Try to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager as the last thing you do.

windshear

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 05:34:27 pm »
I noticed that when I have multiple addon manager's installed according to my program list in the add and remove programs list, I have to uninstall and re-install again, for the buildings to appear, just landed yesterday in Zurich again with no buildings.

So I found in the program list that there again were two entries
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 05:50:08 pm »
I noticed that when I have multiple addon manager's installed according to my program list in the add and remove programs list, I have to uninstall and re-install again, for the buildings to appear, just landed yesterday in Zurich again with no buildings.

The Add/Remove Programs list DOES NOT indicate how many "copies" of a program you have installed. It ONLY reports how many *Uninstallers* you have for it.

Under normal conditions, you won't see two entries for the Addon Manager, you can install it multiple times, and the entry will always be one. But, if you start removing files manually, without using the uninstaller, it's possible the link between the Uninstaller and its registry key will be lost, so a new entry will be created.

Again, this is an entry for JUST the Uninstaller program, it doesn't have anything to do with the actual installation. Having duplicated uninstallers available (the unins*.exe files in your FSX root folder) won't make any difference to the operation of the one installed copy. There's always ONE copy of the Addon Manager running at any time, it's not possible it could "start twice", both because its .DLL file is just one AND because the DLL.XML reference to it only once.

This means the number of Uninstaller entries in the Add/Remove Program doesn't have anything to do with how the program works, or any "missing buildings" problems, if you happen to noticed it and believed it was fixed by removing the double uninstaller entry, it was just a coincidence, what "fixed" your problem was probably just restarting FSX.