Author Topic: Need Help: Having Problems Troubleshooting GSX Problems  (Read 3980 times)

DoubleG01

Need Help: Having Problems Troubleshooting GSX Problems
« on: September 21, 2013, 12:56:50 am »
Hello. Firstly, I have dug through FSDT forums for the past couple of days, as I hate it when people make posts to things that have already been answered. However, I went through any and all steps I could find throughout the forums here to try and solve the problem, but to no avail. The problem I am having is during startup of FSX, and I get the following error message with the title "couatl.exe - Application Error."
The error text says the following: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150004)." Searching both on the forums and internet, I found the suggestions for updating the C++ Visual libraries and did so as recommended, but I am still encountering the problem.
I have tried the steps of disabling my antivirus entirely and downloading the Standalone Addon Manager and GSX and (after uninstalling the old ones) then reinstalling the newly downloaded files. I have also deleted the Simconnect folder out of my Windows\winsxs and let the Repair function of FSX: Acceleration reinstall this folder, and verified that it did so. After doing this, I also tried updating the C++ Libraries.
(The only thing that I could not find an explanation of *exactly* how to do was the 4). solution I found which was to unset Virtuali as an untrusted publisher. However, even though I do not know of a time when I did so, I figured I should check just to make sure. But I cannot seem to find for the life of me how the list of trusted and untrusted publishers. Can anyone please give me step by step instructions on how to get there and remove Virtuali from those lists?
(I am hoping this is the culprit, as everything else listed I tried and am still having problems. I miss my little GSX marshaller and baggage handlers! D':)

Sincerely, a loving GSX supporter,

Greg Geick

DoubleG01

Re: Need Help: Having Problems Troubleshooting GSX Problems
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 02:23:03 am »
Also, as I have read exhaustively through the forums and seen many people who have become upset, I would like to apologize in advance if I may get upset. Know that I am not upset with you guys or the product but simply that I cannot fix whatever is wrong with my Simconnect or whatever may be causing the problems.
I love your program and your support and I see you have helped many people, so I am hopeful.
It is just a bit frustrating and I'm sure we've all had our moments when we were frustrated with our FSXs ;)
Thank you any and all who will help me in the future, it is greatly appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 06:35:17 pm »
 go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

DoubleG01

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 02:00:48 am »
Hello,

Unfortunately, I have just recently tried this as well, but am still getting the error upon starting up FSX.

Not sure what else to try as of now, hoping maybe I can get it fixed. I'm still optimistic.

Sincerely,

Greg Geick

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 09:44:24 am »
Unfortunately, I have just recently tried this as well, but am still getting the error upon starting up FSX.

If you mean the 0xc0150004 error, it's due to faulty VC++ 2005 libraries, if you google for it, you'll find it affects a lot of other programs too. For example here:

http://superuser.com/questions/559869/the-application-was-unable-to-start-correctly-0xc0150004-click-ok-to-close-t