Author Topic: Missing textures  (Read 3982 times)

thomazz123

Missing textures
« on: August 28, 2013, 12:47:00 am »
Missing Textures... When i leave kjfk v2 everything is ok but on the return flight all the runway markings, taxiways signs and textures are not there. I tried to restart, unistalled and re installed everything and still the same... Thanks for any help!!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing textures
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 11:08:27 am »
You see the objects, but not the textures ? Do they appear if you use the "Restart Couatl" command from the "Couatl powered products" menu ?

thomazz123

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 05:30:03 pm »
Hi, No they don't. The whole scenery flashes but still the same. If i close FSX and restart all goes back to normal. I'll try to take some pics and post here tonight.

Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 06:21:44 pm »
Hi, No they don't. The whole scenery flashes but still the same. If i close FSX and restart all goes back to normal.

Then it's sure it's not a scenery or software problem. You probably had video memory corruption or exhaustion, and restarting FSX fixed that. You can try some of the following:

- First try to reset your video driver settings to default. Be sure you don't use "Transparency Antialiasing" (or "Adaptive Anti-aliasing" ).

- If that doesn't work, try to update your video driver too.

- If that doesn't work, try to reset your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file, to have FSX rebuild a new one with default settings

- Be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak to the FSX.CFG, you can enabled it with the Addon Manager too, that's the only setting that really needs to be applied.

If it still not fixed, perhaps you applied some strange tweaks to your video driver that can't be reset by simply resetting the driver to default and/or reinstalling the driver. You might try a video driver cleaner utility, then a video driver reinstall after cleaning.

Or, it might simply be your settings are too high, and the New York area is quite demanding, so you simply exhausted memory. Another thing to try would be using DX10, because it results in less memory usage.

thomazz123

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 01:58:55 pm »
All fixed. I reset the fsx.cfg before i did a return trip and it loaded perfectly.. Thank you for the information..