Author Topic: Cannot Load GSX Like I Used To(Accidental edit of the exe.xml?)  (Read 2991 times)

dabw9

Hello FSDT!

I have an annoying issue here. I love GSX, and think it's an excellent problem however after accidentally navigating to and messing about with the exe.xml file, I think that's why I cannot do CTRL+F12 to launch GSX without going to the fsdt directory in the fsx directory and launching the couatl program. Only after launching that does GSX work again. I also notice that when GSX does not work or its menu does not appear, in the addons menu couatl does not show as one of the options. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cannot Load GSX Like I Used To(Accidental edit of the exe.xml?)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 12:23:13 pm »
Yes, from your description it seems you accidentally corrupted the EXE.XML. The easiest way to fix it, is to remove it (or move it to another place) and reinstall GSX, so it will create a new one.

dabw9

Re: Cannot Load GSX Like I Used To(Accidental edit of the exe.xml?)
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 12:30:25 pm »
Hello Virtuali! Thanks for your reply! It works again as it should :D However, now, after reinstalling GSX, I'm confronted with another problem. The cargo containers appear with black textures and so do the shadows beneath the front driving carriages of the trucks. Any further help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance