Author Topic: Another couatl problem with a strange twist  (Read 4388 times)

KAB

Another couatl problem with a strange twist
« on: June 16, 2013, 10:53:45 am »
Hi

I have read the various post regarding couatl and my problem seem to be similar to others, but with a strange twist after I installed the JFK2 demo.

This is the situation:

I own ORD and LAX. No problems with these. So I wanted to try JFK, and downloaded and installed the demo.
The scenery installed well, however, I got an error regarding updating sceneries during the final moments of the installer. (I have tried the installer several times, with the error being constant)
I installed JFK with antivirus off, and have made exclusion rules for bglmanx and couatl as mentioned in other posts.
Then I load FSX, and start my flight at JFK, there are no buildings, and no couatl in the menu. And of course, other sceneries depending on couatl won't work either.
If I load FSX again, and then go to i.e. LAX the couatl menu is showing, and also the scenery is fine.
And here comes the strange part. If i move my aircraft from LAX to JFK (go to airport), the couatl menu item is suddenly missing, (and the buldings too, of course).
There must be a problem in the loading of JFK2? I have uninstalled JFK2, with the add on managers, made clean installs, clicked 'yes' to both modules in FSX.
Now I'm out of ideas.

Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I'm Norwegian :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Another couatl problem with a strange twist
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 10:57:05 am »
The scenery installed well, however, I got an error regarding updating sceneries during the final moments of the installer. (I have tried the installer several times, with the error being constant)

Try to complete the installation without errors. We were updating some files yesterday and, if you are unlucky and your download goes on at the same time while files are being updated, you might get corrupted files, and that will result in problems like that.

KAB

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 03:40:30 pm »
Still getting the same error here. I gave it a try just a second ago.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 04:03:40 pm »
Still getting the same error here. I gave it a try just a second ago.

This is strange, the download server is surely up, and nobody has reported a problem today. Check you are not running some kind of firewall, which is blocking online access to the installer for some reason.

ymnoor21

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 05:52:52 pm »
KAB,
I had very similar situation until yesterday. It all started after GSX tried to auto-update couatl on July 24, 2013. I tried different stuffs like uninstalling the JFK v2 and GSX completely. I even deleted the folder 'Fsdreamteam' within my FSX root directory. Nothing was working. I was getting "There was a problem updating some scenarios, please try again later" every single time for GSX / JFK v2. So here's what I did to solve this unusual behavior:

1. Uninstalled GSX.
2. Uninstalled JFK v2.
3. Deleted the 'Fsdreamteam' directory from my FSX's root folder.
4. Installed GSX successfully.
5. Went to FSX and made sure default JFK was working and let GSX cache all the airports.
6. Exited FSX.
7. Started installing JFK v2.
8. Downloaded the JFK V2.1. from here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_jfk2.html
9. As usual JFK v2 failed to installed.
10. Ran the JFK v2.1 installer and everything went smoothly.
11. Went to FSX again and holla everything came back in. (JFK v2.1, GSX)

Couple important things to notice.

- You may not need to uninstall GSX, thus skip anything that is related to GSX. (I had to uninstall because GSX was also not working)
- Just try to make sure you are not under any firewall.
- Have clean JFK v2 installation if possible.
- Install JFK v2.1 (this is critical).

Hope everything works out for you.

oh btw, if nothing works, then you can try installing the Stand Alone manager separately. Download it from here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html . I suspect this is where it all starts.

Thanks
Yamin