Author Topic: Great product! Small question  (Read 3054 times)

pedrodowd

Great product! Small question
« on: May 18, 2013, 09:02:23 am »
Firstly, I'd like to say a massive 'well done' to the developers to what can only be described as a totally essential addon to fsx! Gsx adds a level of immersion that takes flight sim to another level! The quality of the models and elegance with which they are delivered is a clear indicator as to how much time and effort has gone into the programme!
I was wondering if you guys might be able to help with one issue I have had with gsx? I installed everything (it did say something about 'python was not installed'.  When this had finished I rebooted and started fsx (no compatability mode selected, no boxes ticked in comparability mode).  I got a warning saying there was a problem with an addon but chose to run it. I activated when fsx was running and it went to black screen.  I restarted fsx and got the same error message but chose to run and everything working fine. 

I usually run Fsx from within the Real Environment extreme essentials plus overdrive panel so this is what I did next.  When I clicked the 'fly now button' it started loading fsx and I got the same 'problem with addon' message but this time when I click run it crashes . With an fsx error item:0 message.  I have tried this several times, rebooted made sure no boxes ticked in compatability in either programme.  I uninstalled gsx and am able to load fsx through Rex, but I re install the problem comes back. 

I have found that if I run fsx first the problem with addon message appears but fsx with run if I accept it.  I can then load Rex after fsx is running.  I was wondering if I had done something wrong with installation etc?  I downloaded gsx from the fsdt website and paid for it through the website.

Once again thank you guys for a brilliant addon, really enjoying using it! Fantastic models and great imagination!
Kind regards
Pete Dowd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Great product! Small question
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 01:48:27 pm »
I installed everything (it did say something about 'python was not installed'.

That's not an error, it's just an indication that is not updating Python support files for products you don't have installed. For example, if you don't have XPOI installed, you will see a progress message saying that Python support files for XPOI are not installed, as it should be. It's just an information message.

It's possible your issues are caused by REX, there was another thread here about REX causing visual problems to GSX:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=8459.0

With an fsx error item:0 message

This error seems suspect, it doesn't look like anything coming from any of our software, could you please specify the precise message and how it appears (at startup ? when installing something ?)

pedrodowd

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 02:42:44 pm »
Hi Umberto,
Thanks for your quick reply.  I'm at work now so will message with the exact error message when I get back.

As I said, I can make everything work if I load Rex after everything else so it's still all workable! I haven't installed the addon manager separately, should I do this do you think?

Once again thanks for the help and thanks for the addon, truly brilliant! Keep up the good work!
Kind regards
Pete

pedrodowd

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 06:51:23 am »
Hi Umberto

When I got home I went to the website, installed the addon manager.  I went into the gsx file in fsx and clicked on the patcher application.  I have disabled the auto launch option in Rex.  I have found if I launch fsx directly Gsx runs flawlessly, once I am in the aircraft I can then launch Rex and get the weather engine running without problems!

Thanks for your help, looking forward to getting flying when I get back from my shift!

Kindest regards

Pete Dowd