Author Topic: Terminal 5 A330 gates  (Read 4382 times)

donaldd

Terminal 5 A330 gates
« on: May 09, 2013, 08:25:52 pm »
I hate to be a stickler. I know you are close to releasing a patch for JFK v2 but I just realized something new. Both Hawaiian and Aer Lingus operate out of Terminal 5 with their A330's. Terminal 5 has made an addition to gates 9, 11, and 14 to accdomate the A330's. They made a diagonal taxi line up to the gate that are numbered 9A, 11A, and 14A. They can easily be seen here (https://maps.google.com/maps?q=40.645071,-73.773201+(JFK+Terminal+5)&ie=UTF-8&ei=qOmLUfCBJemdyQHB-YDAAg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg) and you can zoom in to a birds eye view to see the three gates. If the AFCAD is also updated then both Hawaiian and Aer Lingus should be at T5 and at any of those 3 gates. Thanks!

theshack440

Re: Terminal 5 A330 gates
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 01:15:22 am »
They're working on a patch now, maybe they'll include it  :)
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 11:32:24 am »
It's not possible to recreate that kind of parking structure in FSX. We might just draw the lines in the scenery, but it will be only a visual thing, the additional parking will not exist, because an AFCAD with parking spots overlapped in that way would never work correctly, it will cause overlapping AIs and will screw up GSX too.

donaldd

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 07:49:47 pm »
It's not possible to recreate that kind of parking structure in FSX. We might just draw the lines in the scenery, but it will be only a visual thing, the additional parking will not exist, because an AFCAD with parking spots overlapped in that way would never work correctly, it will cause overlapping AIs and will screw up GSX too.

I was thinking that would be an issue after I posted that. Even drawing the lines would be nice. Visual is always a big plus to me, and I would like to assume, to everyone else. Would you still be able to update the AFCAD so that both Aer Lingus and Hawaiian will be able to park at T5? 

theshack440

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 08:46:19 pm »
I was thinking that would be an issue after I posted that. Even drawing the lines would be nice. Visual is always a big plus to me, and I would like to assume, to everyone else. Would you still be able to update the AFCAD so that both Aer Lingus and Hawaiian will be able to park at T5? 

I agree; I would love to see the lines there anyway, aesthetics are key in these airports, and fsdt are so good at putting in those little details that make the airport really feel alive.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations