Author Topic: GSX Not Working under Windows XP  (Read 3012 times)

mdrinkle

GSX Not Working under Windows XP
« on: August 13, 2016, 10:20:23 pm »
I recently downloaded the new updates for GSX and now it doesn't work. I added SODE and SimConnect and still nothing but when I checked the Task Manager I noticed that the coatual engine isn't loading? Does anyone know why this would be happening? I am still using XP if this may be a problem?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 09:38:19 am by virtuali »

hayden888

Re: GSX Not Working
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 11:47:59 am »
I've got the same problem. I completely re-installed fsx and the coatl program doesn't load into the game. When I started fsx after installation only the addon manager asked to be loaded. No gsx or coatl permissions asked. However SODE has loaded successfully. I use windows 10 and have had this problem for a few weeks now and really need a solution if possible.

portanav

• Retired (BWIA-Caribbean Airlines)
    • My Boeing B738NG Sim Build.
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 12:38:09 pm »
I to had the same problem. What I did to solve was install the latest addonmanager and re-installed GSX. It worked after that.
regards, MICHAEL.

System: Win10/64, I7/6400, GTX 1080, P3Dv5.2, Prosim737 v2.31, Prosim Flt. Model B738

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 09:38:09 am »
Does anyone know why this would be happening? I am still using XP if this may be a problem?

Yes, this is likely the problem. XP it no longer supported, neither by Microsoft, nor by us. The minimum Windows version supported is Vista:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html

Windows Vista or Windows 7/8/10, 32 and 64 bit editions are supported

I renamed this thread with the corrected title, and removed messages that didn't had anything to do with it. If anyone has issues, please don't piggyback on unrelated threads, but open a new thread with a proper title. This thread is about GSX not running under Windows XP.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 09:41:13 am by virtuali »