Author Topic: KORD CTD's  (Read 7547 times)

infus1on

KORD CTD's
« on: July 31, 2008, 11:16:52 pm »
O'hare CTD's. I have sucsesfully slewed to the airport but loading the airport results in a no warning crash. Thanks for your help.

Mike K
Mike

FSDreamteam: KLAX Los Angeles * KDFW Dallas Fort Worth * KLAS McCarran * KJFK New York * KORD O'Hare * PHNL Honolulu * Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1 & 2 * LSZG Zurich CYVR Vancouver

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KORD CTD's
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 09:45:34 am »
Do you see the Addon Manager listed in the "Addons" sub menu ?

Are you using FSX + SP2 or FSX + Acceleration ? O'Hare wouldn't work with SP1 only.

infus1on

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 01:08:22 am »
"Do you see the Addon Manager listed in the "Addons" sub menu ?

Are you using FSX + SP2 or FSX + Acceleration ? O'Hare wouldn't work with SP1 only."

I should have been more clear. I do have FSX with SP2 and I have had acceleration but took it off because it was causing conflicts with other addons. Come to think of it the addon manager is not in the sub menu. I downloaded the new addon manger and installed it.
Mike

FSDreamteam: KLAX Los Angeles * KDFW Dallas Fort Worth * KLAS McCarran * KJFK New York * KORD O'Hare * PHNL Honolulu * Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1 & 2 * LSZG Zurich CYVR Vancouver

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 01:12:46 am »
I think that *maybe*, having uninstalled Acceleration, removed the correct Simconnect version that the Addon Manager needs to work (that is the same for Acceleration and SP2) so, you might still have SP2 running, but not the Simconnect that came with it. The fact you don't see the Addon Manager in the Addons menu, might indicate this problem.

It can be probably fixed by uninstalling SP2 as well, the reinstalling it.

infus1on

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 01:15:56 am »
Sorry, I just checked FSX and I realized that the add-on manager is installed. I have also had this problem before I uninstalled acceleration but I found some work arounds. Now however nothing is working. The sim crashes as soon as the buildings start to load.
Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 01:29:58 am »
Alright, if you see the Addon Manager menu, this means the program works correctly, and everything is updated.

Crashing while buildings loads might also due to something not related to the program at all like, for example, vram exhaustion, which might be related to buggy video drivers.

Does it happens at all Scenery Complexity settings ? Does it happen at Zurich too (you can just install the Trial, if you don't have it).

infus1on

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 02:05:49 am »
I have just started a flight from CYVR to EGLL. I will have to get back to you about zurich I have the demo installed. I have been waiting for the right time to buy. I think I might hold out to till after JFK because i really want that one.

Mike K
Mike