Author Topic: Newbie Question  (Read 4227 times)

rooby007

Newbie Question
« on: January 22, 2013, 07:08:36 pm »
Hi guys, first post here and just getting to grips with the newly discovered world of Javier Fernandez's Nimitz package (so excited!).

So, I have it all loaded up and working fine, but I can't figure out how to to launches... I can take off from a land-based airfield, call up the carrier and trap aboard, but no idea how to switch to launch config from there (I'm assumng you always have to land before doing a launch or is it possible to start on the carrier?) Can someone point me in the right direction please? Thanks.

SUBS17

Re: Newbie Question
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 08:19:45 pm »
You have to land on it in order to take off from it, there are missions you can get where you start on a carrier and just taxi up to the cat to launch. In order to connect to the CAT taxi up to the shuttle on the ground until its near your nose wheel, lower your launch bar(the button is on the left near the gear lever, or push SHIFT U) and push Shift I to connect to the cat. Lower the flaps, open the throttle and push Shift Space to launch.

pyroperson87

• To those who love aviation, the sky is home.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 08:17:42 am »
If you plan on doing a lot of carrier ops it's nice to map those controls to your joystick to simplify things.  Pushing key combinations on the keyboard can get a bit cumbersome.  But that's just a suggestion.  Find what works best for you and run with it.
Pops

rooby007

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 07:52:22 pm »
Thanks for the help guys.

It was more the configuration of the carrier that I was struggling with - couldn't find one for launch and recovery but have now found 'crowded deck' which has the traps and a couple of cats free so I'll plug away with that unless you can recommend another.

Now flying the FSXBA Hornet - what an improvement.

I have also the updated wake effects from Voodoo Hangar - although they look great where they're supposed to, the waterline of the boat flashes continuously, as though there is a stobe light inside it. Any ideas what that is or how to get rid of it?

Thanks.