Author Topic: message Supersed when i want to use the park assist (followers)  (Read 2533 times)

sikorsky77

message Supersed when i want to use the park assist (followers)
« on: December 09, 2012, 12:40:03 am »
hello
i have the message that "Park assist is superseded" and i have to download again GSX , so i dit it
i restart FSX , same message , l look at the forum and i see it is quit sure a problem of key mapping between standard combination key and an add-on (as pmdg by example) , i like cool solution
i tries with more than other 10 Combinations , restart Couatl to reload GSX and i have already the same message  >:( >:(

i try also in Prepar3d 1.47 and same error   :'(
same test by changing also combination and nothing better   ???

any hint to help me solving these issue  ::) ??

Bouhhh

thierry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: message Supersed when i want to use the park assist (followers)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 09:47:43 pm »
The message you are getting is NOT from GSX, and it's not related to GSX in any way.

The message it's coming from ParkMe, which was a feature we included with our sceneries BEFORE GSX was released. Since GSX is free to use in our sceneries, there's no reason to keep using ParkMe, since GSX does everything that ParkMe did, but much better.

That message comes because you pressed the key assigned to *ParkMe*, so ParkMe is telling you that it is now obsolete, its previous features are now included in GSX, the only thing that ParkMe does now, is just giving that message, so you KNOW that you should stop using and use GSX instead, because if you pressed the *ParkMe* key by mistake, it's possible you might not now that GSX even exists, so the program is notifying you of this.

You can check what key is assigned to *ParkMe*, by going into the "Change key assignments" menu of the "Couatl powered products" menu and be sure it doesn't conflict with anything else, especially with GSX itself. Normally it shouldn't, because by default (unless you change them), GSX is assigned to CTRL+F12 and ParkMe is assigned to CTRL+Shift+P

Also, the GSX installer is supposed to REMOVE the ParkMe program altogether, so it's strange you still see it running now, maybe you reinstalled an FSDT scenery AFTER installing GSX, which will reinstate ParkMe.

You can remove it permanently by removing the FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\ParkMe folder, if you do this, you don't have to worry about possibly conflicting keys, and since you have GSX, there's really no reason to use ParkMe instead.