Author Topic: Issues with Project Airbus A319 and Coutai error message  (Read 4904 times)

bobsta63

Issues with Project Airbus A319 and Coutai error message
« on: November 29, 2012, 01:45:42 pm »
Hey FSDT,

I have a problem with just one of my aircraft and sod's law it is my favorite aircraft :(

So the problem is, when I press CTRL+F12 on my PC to bring up the options window, all works fine until I choose for example 'Request boarding' and then I get an error message come up on screen saying 'The addon <unknown> is causing Couatl scripting engine to restart.....'

When I go and check the details of the error log, this is the message I am receiving:-

Code: [Select]
couatl v2.0 (build 2322)
panic log started on Thu Nov 29 11:58:20 2012
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 67, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 352, in do
  File "couatl\common\criticalsection.py", line 23, in _synchronized
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 79, in requestVehicles
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 575, in prepareGate
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 838, in setGate
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 71, in setGate
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baggageLoader.py", line 35, in getSimObjectModel
AttributeError: 'AircraftData' object has no attribute 'exits'

From the looks of it, the problem seems to be that my Aircraft.cfg file doesn't have any [exits] data?? - I have checked my aircraft.cfg file for that aircraft and the [exits] section does exist and are working fine (I can use Shift-E+1, 2, 3, 4 etc) (I've attached my aircraft.cfg for the problematic A/C below.)

I've also tried uploading the gsx.cfg file that I found for the PA Airbus A319 on these forums into the root of the Aircraft folder however the only difference is with that when starting FSX with the gsx.cfg file in the root of the aircraft folder I instantly just get the error message saying 'The addon <unknown> is causing Couatl scripting engine to restart.....' instead of only getting it when I choose an option eg. 'Request Boarding'

Now when I switch my aircraft to say my Wilco Airbus A320 it all works fine so it appears that it is just an issue with this particular aircraft.... I've already tried re-installing GSX, running the latest updates etc. etc. so any further help/advise would be wonderful otherwise I guess I'll just have to go without GSX on this aircraft :(

Many thanks in advance and I really hope someone can help me :) - I love GSX and I really hope that I will be able to use it on this particular Aircraft :S

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Issues with Project Airbus A319 and Coutai error message
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 02:04:48 pm »
I couldn't find any Project Airbus A319 for FSX on their website:

http://www.pafs.wf/downloads

All A319 models seems to be for FS9 only.

bobsta63

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 02:15:25 pm »
Hmmm not sure why its not there :(

So there is nothing that instantly springs to your mind with regards to that error message - If not then I won't bother you any longer, was hoping that you may have seen this issue before or known a work around? - Would I have been correct in assuming that it was referring to the [exits] points?

Cheers,
Bobby

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 02:32:33 pm »
I can't see anything wrong in your [exits] section.

On top of that, I've downloaded the FS9 version, made a bit of editing (because your file seems to be a merge with the Wilco) to enable it in FSX, and it works normally here.

Try to Reset the airplane configuration in GSX using the aircraft configuration editor.

bobsta63

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 02:46:35 pm »
Thanks for the advice Umberto, but no luck i'm affriad :(

Please take a look at the screenshot - does that look right to you? 'MyLabel' in the top of the Customize Aircraft screen?

I also clicked the button that I've highlighted orange but didn't help :(

Cheers,
Bobby

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 02:59:16 pm »
'MyLabel' in the top of the Customize Aircraft screen?

No, that doesn't look right, it seemed as if your aircraft.cfg was missing the title too. Maybe a syntax error in your aircraft.cfg has caused GSX to discard the whole file.

There are a lot of issues in it, the first line there's a sim=Feelthere_A319 line orphaned not belonging to any section. There are some section names with [fltsim.XX] in lower case and other with [FLTSIM.XX] in upper case, the aircraft.cfg I've made to test it had only 1 [fltsim] section, so it was more streamlined.

In general, FSX is way more tolerant of errors in the aircraft.cfg (which is an .INI file after all) file compared to GSX, which is using standard .INI parsing routines, and it expects the file to conform to some rules.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 09:27:27 pm by virtuali »

bobsta63

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 03:43:26 pm »
Ok great... Maybe getting somewhere now then :) - I'll clean up the INI file this evening and see what happens :) - I'm on a long flight now so will try it this evening and will let you know how I got on :)

Thanks for your help Umberto :)

Regards,
Bobby

bobsta63

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 07:44:29 pm »
Fantastic.... that did it :) - All working fine now, I removed the orphaned 'sim' variable at the top of the file and also deleted the un-required fsim sections (I only use the EasyJet one!)

Once that was done and I restarted FSX all is now working great! - Thank you for your time and sorry to have bothered you with this in the first instance as it was obviously nothing to do with GSX that was causing the problem but with my aircraft.cfg file.

Thanks once again :)

Kind regards,
Bobby