Author Topic: Problem at new Aerosoft Frankfurt Airport  (Read 5918 times)

cbruce

Problem at new Aerosoft Frankfurt Airport
« on: November 25, 2012, 12:25:35 am »
Hi, I just flew into Frankfurt where i have the Aerosoft Frankfurt airport scenery for FSX.  I had the following issues:
1/  It seems that the taxiway markers have been changed back to the default FSX, rather than the true markings which were in the Aerosoft software...could this be something that GSX did on install?  I guess I have to reinstall the Aerosoft s/w?

2/  When I called parking services only appeared "parking 1 to 5", no real gates or terminals

3/  I parked to the gate and then when I press CTRL + F12 it asked for parking services again, I could not select deboarding, etc.  I tried resetting Coatl but when I then pressed CTRL + F12 nothing happened.

Best
Charles

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem at new Aerosoft Frankfurt Airport
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 01:29:57 am »
1/  It seems that the taxiway markers have been changed back to the default FSX, rather than the true markings which were in the Aerosoft software...could this be something that GSX did on install?  I guess I have to reinstall the Aerosoft s/w?

It's impossible GSX could do this, because it doesn't change anything in the Scenery Library, and doesn't add any new .BGL. The only thing that can cause such thing it's another AFCAD in conflict, but they surely don't come with GSX, which doesn't do any change to any of your .BGLs too.

2/  When I called parking services only appeared "parking 1 to 5", no real gates or terminals

Same as above. If something else (not GSX, because it can't) has replaced the AFCAD supplied with the scenery or created a conflict with it, the parking names will not what they are supposed to be.

Check what AFCAD is currently in use by GSX, by selecting the Customize parking positions from the GSX sub-menu, under "Couatl powered products" menu. The dialog will show the name of AFCAD currently seen as in use by GSX.

cbruce

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 02:14:45 pm »
At EDDF the AFCAD within GSX "custimise parking positions" is c:/FSX/Justflight/TrafficX/AirportFacilities/Scenery/AFX_EDDF.bgl, whereas I use the aerosoft Mega Frankfurt...there is a separate folder for Aerosoft in the FSX folder

I have UK2000 add-on airport at EGKK where GSX also points to c:/FSX/Justflight/TrafficX/AirportFacilities/Scenery/AFX_EGKK.bgl...there is a separate folder for UK2000 within the FSX folder

So do I simply repoint GSX to the above Aerosoft and UK2000 folders for these airports?  How do I do that?

Presumably that is why the taxiway markings have reverted to the default because it is picking up TrafficX and not Aerosoft?

Best
Charles

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 02:21:24 pm »
At EDDF the AFCAD within GSX "custimise parking positions" is c:/FSX/Justflight/TrafficX/AirportFacilities/Scenery/AFX_EDDF.bgl, whereas I use the aerosoft Mega Frankfurt...there is a separate folder for Aerosoft in the FSX folder

That indicates the problem was caused by the TrafficX AFCAD.

I have UK2000 add-on airport at EGKK where GSX also points to c:/FSX/Justflight/TrafficX/AirportFacilities/Scenery/AFX_EGKK.bgl...there is a separate folder for UK2000 within the FSX folder

So do I simply repoint GSX to the above Aerosoft and UK2000 folders for these airports?  How do I do that?

It should be enough the move the TrafficX folder on a layer below all your addons airports in the Scenery Library. Or, removing the BGLs from the TrafficX folder for airports you have a better AFCAD for.

Presumably that is why the taxiway markings have reverted to the default because it is picking up TrafficX and not Aerosoft?

Yes, but that's the visual aspect, and would have happened even if GSX wasn't there. In any case, none of your problems had anything to do with GSX, but were both caused by the conflict created by the TrafficX AFCADs.

cbruce

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 02:26:48 pm »
Thanks.  I only use TrafficX to provide aeroplane markings for 3rd party aircraft in Vatsim, I don't use their AI nor anything else.

So would the simplest solution be to untick "Traffic X airport facilities" from the FSX Settings/Scenery Library?  Would GSX then look for the next folder, ie aerosoft?

Best

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 02:33:35 pm »
So would the simplest solution be to untick "Traffic X airport facilities" from the FSX Settings/Scenery Library? 

Yes, that would work too.

Would GSX then look for the next folder, ie aerosoft?

Not only GSX, even FSX itself, your problem was already there in FSX (the wrong markings) without even considering GSX, but of course, once you fix the FSX problem, GSX will follow the same rules.

cbruce

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 02:40:54 pm »
That seems to have resolved it, now GSX is pointing to the aerosoft folder at frankfurt and UK2000 folder at Gatwick.

MANY thanks, love this product

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 03:39:05 pm »
That seems to have resolved it, now GSX is pointing to the aerosoft folder at frankfurt and UK2000 folder at Gatwick.

As I've said, it's not that "GSX is now pointing to the aerosoft folder", it's that your *FSX* was pointing at the TrafficX folder when it should point to the Aerosoft folder, because the TrafficX folder was on an higher layer than the Aerosoft one.

This created a problem to BOTH FSX AND GSX, because they use the same Scenery Library and the same rule that the highest layer takes priority, and you already had a problem in FSX regardless of GSX, because it was the reason why you had wrong markers.

Now that you fixed the problem caused by TrafficX in FSX, and surely you now have correct markers, GSX obviously followed the FSX Scenery Library modification and got the same AFCAD as FSX.