Author Topic: Idea for GSX  (Read 4146 times)

cessnaman

Idea for GSX
« on: November 06, 2012, 08:35:57 pm »
Just a thought for future release of GSX.
A lot of large airports have underground fuel, so fueling trucks are not needed. It would be nice have a option at large airports to have GSX simulate a guy attaching a fueling hose to ground and fuel aircraft taht way instead of fueling truck.

theshack440

Re: Idea for GSX
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 02:28:57 am »
+1.  I've had the same thought. Maybe one day.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 03:06:05 pm »
Underground fuel is just storage, they still use trucks to deliver to aircraft.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

theshack440

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 05:09:00 pm »
My understanding was that they use the underground tanks for storage but then use the trucks to actually get the fuel into the airplane, so ideally, they would have a hose from the truck to the ground, and another hose from the truck to the airplane wing.

Logistically (not to mention within the coding... something I have no knowledge in), I am not quite sure how they would do this since it is supposed to work with every type of addon. Maybe GSX could identify the wingspan and height off the ground and then find a point to plug in the hose and then stick it under the wing. Then have that line run to the truck and then identify another place a certain amount of feet from the fuselage to "stick" the hose into?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:22:40 pm by theshack440 »
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

trevg

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 11:59:03 pm »
+2
Most internationals I have been to, use in ground refueling not trucks to refuel large aircraft at the terminal.
Refuel trucks for GA most certainly in the GA parking area's.

cessnaman

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 12:53:02 pm »
I agree trevg, I do believe that at International Airports (even major airports that aren't considered imternational)the fuel is pumped out from tanks under the tarmac right to the aircraft. If Bruce is talking about a fuel truck like these photos, then he is correct. These are fuel trucks, but not the type of fuel trucks that actually carry fuel. These trucks are used (I guess) as a pump to pump fuel from the ground to the aircraft.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 12:57:33 pm by cessnaman »