Author Topic: Activation and formatting  (Read 5118 times)

Douglas

Activation and formatting
« on: October 31, 2012, 01:46:36 am »
Hello everyone,
I have a question that bothers me and my friends here in Brazil.

According to the website, we bought the GSX by activation (activation 1 = $ 39.00). If I buy one activation, active and need to format my PC. Lost activation or can I use any number of times on my own computer?

Sorry for bad English

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Activation and formatting
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 02:12:27 pm »
You have six activations, and you recover one activation every 90 days.  Just formatting the drive probably won't use one, but the addon manager allows you to deactivate your scenery if the format is intentional and you want to be sure.  About the only way to use an activation is to change hardware, so its pretty hard to run out.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 02:25:48 pm »
According to the website, we bought the GSX by activation (activation 1 = $ 39.00).

According to the website:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/faq.html

It's true I'm not free to change hardware by using this purchasing system?
Absolutely not. It's important to understand that the sales system itself doesn't have any knowledge of the publisher's licence terms. Every publisher that uses this system will choose his own license terms independently so, the freedom to change hardware (or the lack of it) varies depending on the publisher. We chose to offer a very liberal licensing policy regarding activations: there are 6 activations available per order, coupled with auto-reclaim every 90 days. This means, in general, that you can change your hardware up to 6 times in a 90 days period, without running into activation issues.

You don't buy "one" activation, you buy a license to use the product. There are 6 activations available AND you can Deactivate the product yourself BEFORE doing hardware changes or complete reformatting, and Deactivating the product in this way will not consume one of the 6 activations, which means if you REMEMBER to Deactivate before changing hardware, you can change hardware an unlimited number of times and never ever require to BUY anything or even contact support.

The ONLY time when you need to contact us for a reactivation is:

- You have changed hardware and FORGOT, for 6 times in a row, to Deactivate, so you ran out of activations AND (on top of that) your last activation was obtained less than 90 days earlier.

Douglas

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 08:39:18 pm »
So if I activated now, I am left only 5. But in 90 days I'll have the 6 again. Is it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 10:18:09 pm »
So if I activated now, I am left only 5. But in 90 days I'll have the 6 again. Is it?

No, only if you remember to deactivate before you reformat or change PC, you'll go back to 6. Activations are not automatically reclaimed if you don't need them.

ONLY AFTER you have used all your 6 activations (which is not going to happen, if you remember to Deactivate) a check will be made to see if your last one was obtained more than 90 days earlier and if yes, a new activation will be granted automatically. If not, you'll have to contact us for a reactivation.

Douglas

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 11:01:54 pm »
I get it now

The scan only starts when I use all 6 activations. If I used the last 90 days ago, I get another activation. If I used the last activation in less than 90 days, I'll have to get in touch with you.

I'll buy GSX soon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 12:43:09 am »
The scan only starts when I use all 6 activations. If I used the last 90 days ago, I get another activation. If I used the last activation in less than 90 days, I'll have to get in touch with you.

All of this, only if you forget to Deactivate every time, so you'll eventually use all your 6 activations.

Douglas

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 01:37:54 am »
Yeah...

Thank you very much, excellent support =)