Author Topic: Which AFCAD  (Read 5104 times)

C130

• "With your eyes turned skywards...."
Which AFCAD
« on: October 16, 2012, 01:10:38 pm »
I have Aerosoft Madeira LPMA.

I tried to use GSX and AES, as I have done with all the other Aerosoft airports. Now I have hit a problem.

See the photos I took?

GSX is below the runway, AES sits correctly on the runway?

GSX is using the LPMA Aerosoft AFCAD but this seems to make no difference.

If AES can "see" the solid runway then GSX should be able to? Or is there secret code in AES so it can detect this scenery?

See below(literally  ??? )  GSX is on a phantom runway below the "solid" runway.

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y341/herky130j/LPMAGSXandAES.jpg

and......

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y341/herky130j/LPMAUNDERrunwayGSXAES.jpg

AES on top?

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y341/herky130j/LPMAontop.jpg

::)

Regards.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 01:54:03 pm by virtuali »
"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Which AFCAD
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 01:58:53 pm »
First, you should post screenshots according to the Screenshots posting rules here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3076.0

And, the Aerosoft Madeira problem has been discussed several times and, of course, it's not a GSX problem, but due to the fact the airport altitude in the AFCAD (which is the ONLY thing GSX sees of a scenery) doesn't match the actual scenery.

It's likely that AES has made a special case to detect this airport, which seems logical, since it's both an Aerosoft airport and you have to pay extra credit for it too, I would *expect* it would be specially customized...GSX works globally, hence it will have to play with standard rules. There wasn't much demand for it, if more airports made this way would start to appear, we might think adding support for those odd cases in GSX too, but right now it's happening only at Madeira at another airport from Orbx.

C130

• "With your eyes turned skywards...."
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 11:07:18 am »
1) Only FSDT products pictures are allowed here. It's ok if you post pictures showing other products as well, as long the FSDT product is clearly visible...

GSX was visible, allbeit in the wrong place! Also it was an issue, which you kindly answered, if not resolved.

2) When using external servers to post images, it's best to use the URL tag instead of the IMG tag, so you don't force downloading lots of data to someone that might not be interested and (maybe) is on a slow connection or, even worse, on a pay-for-traffic connection, like those using 3G.

OK. However these are Jpg images and very small files. Anyone using FSX and your products surely has a beefy enough PC to d/l these. Anyway fair comment.

If you want to show pictures directly on the forum, it's best you use the image posting feature of forum, that can be used by clicking the "Additional Options" button, then selecting your images to be uploaded in your message as Attachments. This way, you also save the step to upload to another server and then linking here. AND, you get automatic thumbnails generation, which is nice for bandwidth.

OK, fair enough.

Back on topic, I find it an interesting question was why GSX "falls" through the runway when no aircraft do? Whats different about GSX vehicles as opposed to FSX aircraft, either generic or add on?   

As you rightly point out its only this scenery thats affected (I have no Orbix products), so it will not be an issue for many.

I see many of your excellent airport add ons are advertised as "compatable with AES"?  I think its essential to have cross compatibility in a marketplace that has two similar working products.  If you see in my latest You Tube video, I am using both AES and GSX at Aerosoft Zurich.. :)   Works quite well, IMHO!  Until you model de-icers ;D

Keep up the good work. 

Thanks and best regards.

"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 12:52:43 pm »
GSX was visible, allbeit in the wrong place! Also it was an issue, which you kindly answered, if not resolved.

OK. However these are Jpg images and very small files. Anyone using FSX and your products surely has a beefy enough PC to d/l these. Anyway fair comment.

I haven't said you broke ALL screenshot posting rules: there's no need to quote them one by one. But you surely haven't posted using the forum-provided Thumbnails feature. The power of the PC doesn't have anything to do with the requirement to use thumbnails, the reason is "bandwidth etiquette" as explained on the Screenshot posting rules post.

so you don't force downloading lots of data to someone that might not be interested and (maybe) is on a slow connection or, even worse, on a pay-for-traffic connection, like those using 3G.

Back on topic, I find it an interesting question was why GSX "falls" through the runway when no aircraft do? Whats different about GSX vehicles as opposed to FSX aircraft, either generic or add on? 

They are handled by a custom vehicle mover, not by the FSX mover, because the FSX mover doesn't give us enough precision to position them, so they don't follow the same rules, like being able to follow elevated platforms. I guess this will probably save some performance, because they are spared by some of the physic calculation that FSX has to do for every vehicle it handles directly.

I see many of your excellent airport add ons are advertised as "compatable with AES"?  I think its essential to have cross compatibility in a marketplace that has two similar working products. 

That simply means any user has the *option* to purchase AES credits, doesn't imply anything about cross-compatibility between AES and GSX, which we can't really support (you are really on your own on this), or use GSX which is entirely free at all our airports.

I am using both AES and GSX at Aerosoft Zurich.. :)   Works quite well, IMHO!  Until you model de-icers ;D

That's why de-icers WILL appear...(and better jetways, one day...)

Selkan

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 01:19:27 pm »
C130, this might be of help to you.  I had a similar problem at Aerosoft Maderia, and someone by the name of Ricardo_R helped me.  In the search box above write 'aerosoft maderia'.  This should take you to the topic.  Scroll down about half way, and you will see a Post by Ricardo-R with a link to a download BGL file called LPMA_CVX.bgl.  Save this file to your desktop.  Now create a new folder called something like MaderiaX cvx.  Inside this create another folder called 'scenery', and place the LPMA_CVX.bgl file inside that folder.

Place the complete Folder ' Maderia cvx' inside your FSX/addon scenery folder.  Now go to your library and add that Folder, making sure it has a higher priority (on top) of the Aerosoft Maderia scenery.  I don't use AES, but this sorted things for me. 

I take no credit here; thanks to Ricardo_R

Jack J Jackson

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 05:42:47 pm »
CanĀ“t find the topic!

Jack

Selkan

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 06:14:06 pm »
A little trouble myself as well. Try this:-  Go to Page 39 of this Forum.  Tilte 'Aerosoft Maderia' dated 21st Feb. 2012.  Scroll down 13 Posts to find download Link.

Jack J Jackson

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 08:47:05 pm »
Thanks, found it!

JJJ

Selkan

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 12:40:25 pm »
Glad I could help!