Author Topic: F-18 Cockpit Manual PDF  (Read 22431 times)

rxwookie

F-18 Cockpit Manual PDF
« on: July 14, 2009, 01:08:35 am »
With permission from Virtuali, I have compiled a printable PDF that walks players through using the FSX F-18 Virtual Cockpit.

You can download it at the following site...
http://fsxblueangels.com/downloadscockpitmanual.html

* Update to the link, now on fsxblueangels as my personal site got hosed and I lost everything!
** Filesize is about 3.8 MB, so please be patient if you have trouble accessing it. Just wait a few minutes and try again.

It has a fully linked Table of Contents and is designed to be printed front and back. It uses actual screenshots of the FSX F-18 cockpit to help you understand it. It also features several pictures of real F-18's in action from the U.S. Navy. It also contains a printable keyboard map specific to the Acceleration Expansion.

Full disclosure means I need to say I have read through the majority of the topics here and have condensed and replicated several bits of information. While I did not give specific credit on everything, I want to say this manual is only possible because of each and every one of you who are active in the forums. I take no credit, except for compiling it all in one location.

If if helps even one player, then it was worthwhile. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments.

Have fun and safe flying!
K. Copeland (aka RxWookie)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 09:19:30 pm by rxwookie »

Razgriz

Re: F-18 Cockpit Manual PDF
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 03:08:48 am »
Really good job on this!  This is a big help for someone who is a beginner pilot.

rxwookie

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 10:44:43 pm »
Thanks for the encouragement. I have included two things that even veteran pilots might appreciate...
1.) Printable keyboard map
2.) Printable TCN to VOR frequency chart

There is also a good section on using and understanding the radar.

But, like you said... it's geared mostly toward the beginning F-18 pilot.

Safe flying!

RxWookie

crim3

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 02:20:56 am »
Impressive, really. That's a job well done.

JamesChams

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 10:27:48 am »
Thank you Mr. K. Copeland!

Its a great addition to my kneeboard.  :)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

wilycoyote4

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 10:48:02 am »
Very good
Thanks very much.

idahosurge

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 04:14:39 pm »
Thanks you!!

I still find it hard to believe that MS never made a manual for this and obviously we will never see a manual out of MS.

Rod

rxwookie

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 07:07:32 pm »
Just a quick update, I moved the file into a new folder on my website... you can now find it (along with a tutorial on repainting FSX aircraft for free w/ emphasis on F-18) at the following address:

http://cop.utmem.edu/kcopeland/fs/

If you follow the old link, I put a dummy pdf there with a link to the new site...
I'm glad that some people are getting use out of the Manual. I'd like to see this topic sticky'd so others can find it easily.

Anyways, have a great weekend guys!

Wookie

kamchatka

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 08:43:51 pm »
This guide really helped me get to grips with the hornet - I'm sure plenty more people will continue to use it. Thanks very much Wookie.

One small humble correction if I may...

IFF Mode – Identification Friend or Foe
This is a cryptographic identification system that enables military aircraft to distinguish friendly
aircraft, boats, and vehicles from enemies and to determine their bearing and range. Cryptographic
services are not implemented in FSX so this has no effect.

I believe the IFF section is where you manually enter the Squalk transponder code.