Author Topic: addon manager .....  (Read 4272 times)

dreamdance

addon manager .....
« on: October 09, 2012, 11:50:55 pm »
Hallo,

I updated today the addon manager.  The fsx now crashed to desktop while it is loading. When i remove/uninstall  the addon manager the fsx started, but the fsdt airports have no buildings (are unregistered)....

Please help

Greetings Wolfgang

My system:  GA-870A-UD3 (F2),  Vista Home 64 Bit, 4 GB DDR3, Creative X-Fi Gamer, AMD X4 965 BE, ATI HD 5770, Samsung 22"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: addon manager .....
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 12:10:19 am »
Run the Stand-Alone Addon Manager again, it has been updated today, maybe you got a mix-up between different versions, which will result in FSX quitting (not crashing) on desktop without any messages.

giant

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 10:49:40 am »
Umberto

Fyi, after downloading and instaling KLAX, same happened as above and yesterday. CTD at initial menu. After installing seperate addon manger as mentioned problem solved. So it seems in the scenery installers problem is still there. Just for your info.

Rgds
Marko

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 10:54:53 am »
So it seems in the scenery installers problem is still there. Just for your info.

There's no problem in the scenery installers at all. The problem is in your system, which has a missing/corrupted version of one of the several VC++ runtimes libraries that the Addon Manager requires. Since it's not possible to anticipate which version might be missing/corrupted on each user's system, the scenery installers and the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installers install a slightly different version of the Addon Manager, which requires a slightly different version of the VC++ runtimes, under the assumption at least one would not be missing/corrupted. Yes, we obviously launch the proper VC++ installer from Microsoft while installing, but that's not always able to fix an existing problem.

dreamdance

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 05:04:39 pm »
Hallo,

I downloaded the addon manager again.  Now the fsx is running and the buildings in the fsdt airports are oK.

Thanks
Wolfgang