Author Topic: Some FSDT sceneries displaying gray tiles >~8-9 NM away, some not  (Read 3097 times)

CaptKornDog

Some FSDT sceneries displaying gray tiles >~8-9 NM away, some not
« on: September 24, 2012, 06:56:09 am »
On *some* FSDT sceneries in FS9 (all of Hawaii, KLAS, and KFLL), my ground textures don't seem to load until about 8 or 9 NM from the airfield.  Instead of some blurry ground textures, a gray ground texture loads underneath the runway.

These are the only sceneries I seem to have this problem with (FSDT KORD, KJFK, KLAX, and KDFW all work fine) seem to have some kind of aerial photo or tiling underneath to display in the distance.

Would anyone have any suggestions?  Reinstalls of PHNL and KLAS have been unsuccessful (haven't tried the rest) and FSDT sceneries are the highest addon scenery priority (but just below AES).

An example is PHOG below (granted, an aerial photo, but the same depiction when on approach):

Here is KORD (what I would normally expect):

Thanks in advance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Some FSDT sceneries displaying gray tiles >~8-9 NM away, some not
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 10:12:03 am »
It's just how sceneries are made, the FS9 .BGL code doesn't allow very large visibility for textures and the range is somewhat handled by FS9 itself depending on the object size too so, you notice this problem more with smaller sceneries, were the background is made with smaller tiles.

CaptKornDog

Re: Some FSDT sceneries displaying gray tiles >~8-9 NM away, some not
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 12:54:22 pm »
Thank you for the reply.