Author Topic: Default buildings in 2 airports  (Read 3527 times)

waly78

Default buildings in 2 airports
« on: September 04, 2012, 08:30:22 pm »
Hi,

First post here but I have been following the forums for a while.

I have an issue, I recently installed sceneries for Kdfw and kord but the default airport scenery keeps showing in addition to the fsdreamteam scenery.

None of the solutions i've read on the forums have helped, i.e. I haven't modified the afcad, there are no duplicate afcads and I haven't had any former versions of these airports installed prior to this.

I also have kjfk, klax and lszh but those are all perfectly fine. I use fs9.1 and windows 7

Thanks
Mr W

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Default buildings in 2 airports
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 08:37:58 pm »
I'm sorry, but I can only repeat and confirm that, every "double something" problem, is NEVER a problem of the scenery and it's ALWAYS caused by another AFCAD (or regular scenery) in conflict.

Yes, you have a duplicate AFCAD, fact you haven't found it or you haven't installed another scenery for the same airport, doesn't mean you don't have it. AFCADs doesn't necessarily come with other sceneries, the most common source of problems are those coming with AI Traffic packages like My Traffic, they must be manually removed.

Of course, this assuming you are keeping KDFW on the topmost level in the Scenery Library, which is where the installer puts it by default. If you moved, then anything might happen, and chances for double objects becomes more likely.

waly78

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 09:40:06 pm »
I'm sorry, but I can only repeat and confirm that, every "double something" problem, is NEVER a problem of the scenery and it's ALWAYS caused by another AFCAD (or regular scenery) in conflict.

Yes, you have a duplicate AFCAD, fact you haven't found it or you haven't installed another scenery for the same airport, doesn't mean you don't have it. AFCADs doesn't necessarily come with other sceneries, the most common source of problems are those coming with AI Traffic packages like My Traffic, they must be manually removed.

Of course, this assuming you are keeping KDFW on the topmost level in the Scenery Library, which is where the installer puts it by default. If you moved, then anything might happen, and chances for double objects becomes more likely.

I have double checked, I used scanafd to confirm it is not a double AFCAD issue. Like I mentioned earlier, I have 3 other airports of yours and they do not have this issue just kord and kdfw. Yes all the fsdreamteam sceneries are the top of the scenery list, I did mention I have already followed the forums for quite a while ( a few years). I already looked through the forums and found nothing that worked and hence why I decided to ask my question.

Is there any solution that doesn't involve me doing what you mentioned in the prior post because I have already done those and these are fresh installations of these scenery files and no I do not have any AI traffic package that brings in afcads. Striclty woai and aig flightplans for updates.

Cheers
Mr W.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 10:28:20 pm »
I have double checked, I used scanafd to confirm it is not a double AFCAD issue.

Then you have a non-AFCAD scenery, which ScanAFD can't detect, which is causing the same problem.

The trouble is, there's no way to automatically find these, if it's something you installed long ago and long forgotten, the only option would be checking the whole Flight sim folders file by file. Which is not even an 100% foolproof method, since you might have installed something that *patched* a default file, so it might not be apparent as being extraneous to a default install.

Is there any solution that doesn't involve me doing what you mentioned in the prior post because I have already done those and these are fresh installations of these scenery files and no I do not have any AI traffic package that brings in afcads. Striclty woai and aig flightplans for updates.

Since the problem it's caused by another scenery in conflict, if it's not an AFCAD, but a regular .BGL, I don't know if there are methods to find them automatically.

It wouldn't be the first time that, an user was *sure* he had no conflict, because he didn't had any scenery remotely related to the area in question but, turned out to be that some obscure freeware, for an *entirely* different area, had a bugged longitude/latitude range, and affected our sceneries, thousands of miles away.