Author Topic: Couatl P3D updater error: can run only from the Couatl root folder [resolved]  (Read 4211 times)

paj

Hi,

I've just installed P3D and have hit a problem with GSX updating itself.

GSX (and addonmanager 2904) installed without error and GSX ran successfully in P3D.

Whilst running P3D I received one of the standard a notifications regarding the availability of a Couatl update which could be installed without needing a reboot. I selected the option to update. The updater ran but nearing the end of the process (after downloading updates) it reported "This progam can run only from the Couatl root folder. Setup cannot continue". I tried running Couatl_Updater.exe manually from \p3D\fsdreamteam\couatl\ and encountered the same error.

Any thoughts on what might be wrong?

Cheers
Peter.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 04:28:34 pm by paj »

paj

Re: Couatl P3D updater error: can run only from the Couatl root folder
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 03:35:17 pm »
Hmmm - I've just enabled "Virtual FSX mode" in FSX-to-Prepare3D (by Flightsim Estonia) and re-ran the Couatl_Updater ... and it completed successfully this time!

(FYI - I originally installed the AddonManager, GSX and my FSDT airports into P3D without using "Virtual FSX mode". I used the native P3D support in the latest installers.)

I wonder why enabling "Virtual FSX mode" was required in my instance to get the Couatl updater working?

(The last airport I installed was Flightbeam's KSFO - for which I did use "Virtual FSX mode" as it didn't recognize P3D... perhaps that caused the problem?)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 03:47:25 pm »
That's just a bug of the updater. Either install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager (which will get the updated updater ) or download it from here directly, and put into the Prepar3D\fsdreamteam\Couatl folder, replacing the existing one:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl-updater

paj

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 03:54:53 pm »
Many thanks for your super-quick response Umberto!

I tried reinstalling the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager but this did not install the new couatl-updater.

I've just downloaded the latest couatl-updater from the link you provided and manually replaced the old version - and this is indeed working fine.

Thanks again.
Cheers
Peter.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 04:31:03 pm by paj »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 04:04:54 pm »
I tried installing the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager but this did not get the new couatl-updater.

Ran the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer just now, and it surely downloaded it and installed it, see the attached screenshot. Of course, you must be in pure Prepar3D mode if you use the FSX Migration tool, otherwise the installer might be confused.

paj

Thanks for checking that!

When I ran the standalone addon manager it downloaded the new couatl-updater but it wasn't put into the P3D folder where the older version remained. Probably a mistake somewhere on my part.

But now that the revised couatl-updater is manually installed into P3D everything is updating nicely and I'll keep an eye on things.

Cheers
P.