Author Topic: E190 Linnage and Sequence of Events  (Read 4268 times)

artalvar55

E190 Linnage and Sequence of Events
« on: August 31, 2012, 06:02:20 pm »
 :-[

I got this extraordinary application two days ago.

Certainly until we attempt to use some add-ons such as this excellent one, we start to see some other issues previously overlooked on the specific airplane.

I am referring to the SHIFT+E +2 issues to open the Cargo Doors for this particular airplane. As soon as I press SHIFT+E..the main doors open/close without waiting for the "2" (Cargo doors). It did never worked out for me. Never.

I did notice that GSX recognize the E190 Linage quite well. I was attempting to “trick” the application by changing the assignment on cargo GSX (to door #1) and only with SHIFT + E open ALL the doors (PAX and CARGO at the same time). But it does not work.

I know this issue may not be specific to GSX but I was wondering if someone has run into similar and “small” but “painful” situation.

By the other hand, while FSX and GSX were working and I did ask for “deboarding and refueling”. Everything looks amazing. The PAX stairs (2), the PAX bus, the unloading crew (at the left side of the airplane…just beautiful) but since I could not open the CARGO doors (GSX kept on sending me notifications – I did turn the sound off) I noticed that there might be a “automated sequence” of events that must take place.

For instance, I could not see the “refueling truck” (I guess because GSX was waiting to unload the cargo bays first) and then pull the truck over to complete refueling.

Is there any way, I can setup the sequence myself on GSX?

I do thank you in advance for your comments and suggestions.

Regards,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: E190 Linnage and Sequence of Events
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 07:37:53 pm »
Nothing in GSX is automatic, if you don't call the refuel tank, it will not come.

artalvar55

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 08:03:52 pm »
Gracias Umberto for your prompt reply.

I'll give it a try again. Forgot to mention it is the Feelthere Wilco E190 Linnage.

Is there anything I can do to solve the SHIFT+E' issue or is there any way GSX could accomplish that by assigning ALL (PAX and CARGO) doors to be Door #1 only....in such a way that by pressing SHIFT+E all the doors get open and the operations can take place in a more "natural" way ??

Thanks again and hope to hear back from you very soon.

Note: I did notice the "catering services" went through the unopen right -hand door while the Loading/Unloading event, the crew remain "static". By the other hand, can I assign the Left-Back door for Catering ONLY.

Mark Richards

• VATSIM
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 03:14:40 am »
The E190 does use the standard Shift-E-1-2 to open the doors.  You just have to hit the 1 and 2 quite quickly.

I've got about 700 hours on this aircraft and never had an issue.

And yes, GSX works really well with her.

Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD.
Mark Richards
Vice President Operations - VATSIM

artalvar55

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 09:22:16 pm »
Hi:

Thanks Mark. I was able to make it work (Left Doors - SHIFT+E and Cargo Doors SHIFT+E+2) but still unable to open the Right back and front doors for Catering.

I even try to assign them to Shift+E+2 too on the GSX Aircraft Configuration. I am just wondering if you have them operative too and what keys set did you press.

Thanks,

Art

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 10:20:48 pm »
Thanks Mark. I was able to make it work (Left Doors - SHIFT+E and Cargo Doors SHIFT+E+2) but still unable to open the Right back and front doors for Catering.

That's very simple: those doors are not animated in that aircraft. Which is why, GSX on its internal database has defined them as without check. Meaning, the catering will ignore the door status and start its service immediately.

I even try to assign them to Shift+E+2 too on the GSX Aircraft Configuration. I am just wondering if you have them operative too and what keys set did you press.

You don't "assign" a door with GSX, GSX can't turn a static door into a real one.

When you "assign" something in GSX, you are simply telling GSX HOW to check if that door is open or not, you are not instructing GSX to open it, it's always you that must open the door and, of course, if the door doesn't exist and it's only painted on the fuselage, your only option in GSX is to set it as "Door without open/close checks" in the Editor, otherwise GSX will keep bugging you to open a non-existent door.

Of course, this is entirely different that Removing a door, which will remove the associated service entirely.

Mark Richards

• VATSIM
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 05:58:29 am »
I can confirm that the right side doors are not animated in any way shape or form.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD.
Mark Richards
Vice President Operations - VATSIM